PDA

View Full Version : 2008 ventilated seats pricing on 535

fabby
03-05-2007, 06:55 AM
Does anyone have any info on the pricing and ordering of the ventilated seats. I would like to do ED in May and did not see the pricing on this option or if it is available? Last year there was a 'secret option' when ordering the multi contoured seats.

FyteOn
03-05-2007, 08:33 AM
You have to add the Nasca leather before you can add the vent seats. I'm sure they're going to be about the same price as last year - it wasn't mentioned as one of the options increasing in price. If I remember correctly the Nasca was $1850 and the vent seats was an additional $1025. Your dealer will know (should know) all about it.

jcflys
03-05-2007, 09:43 AM
I know on the 550i the upgrade is 1025, but on the 535 you have to add the Nasca leather which is 1850. So 535 upgrade is 2875 and 550i upgrade is 1025.

Codes:
Nasca Leather U6SW
Vent Seats 453

FyteOn
03-05-2007, 11:42 AM
The '08 550s come with Nasca now? On my '07 I had to add the Nasca before I could add the vent seats.

jcflys
03-05-2007, 11:47 AM
Maybe my guy told me the wrong thing when he said the vent seat would cost me 1025. He said nothing about any other cost.

FyteOn
03-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Yeah, I would check into that. I'm 99***37; sure you'll have to add the Nasca before the vent seats. The 1% doubt is if they changed something from year to year. Because I know for '07 we had to have both. Let us know what you find out because the vent seats are such an under-informed option and everybody has questions about them.

stevepow
03-05-2007, 03:23 PM
The posted 08 ordering guides says 453(seat ventilation) requires Nasca Leather. The pricing guide that was posted doesn't list these options (missig a few others as well).

BMWSTL
03-05-2007, 05:17 PM
I know on the 550i the upgrade is 1025, but on the 535 you have to add the Nasca leather which is 1850. So 535 upgrade is 2875 and 550i upgrade is 1025.

Codes:
Nasca Leather U6SW
Vent Seats 453

Dakota leather is the "standard" leather whn you have a leather interior on both car. To get ventillaetd seats, a Nasca upgrade is required. The cost will be the same for both cars, whatever that cost is.

Lou

royz86
03-06-2007, 12:06 AM
so the 550i suppose to have dakota leather as standard and nasca as an option so that both 535 and 550 will cost the same?

jcflys
03-06-2007, 12:26 PM
If the number turns out to be 2875 then we should start complaining to BMW now. A stinking 37K Lexus IS 350 has ventilated seats. It is ridiculous that we pay 55-70K on a car and then have to pay extra for vent seats. The options and pricing have always been my complaint about BMW. Many of the options should be included for the price.

deelee
03-06-2007, 03:59 PM
The '08 550s come with Nasca now? On my '07 I had to add the Nasca before I could add the vent seats.
2008 5 series does not have vent seats or nasca leather?or am i mistaken..pls comment

deelee
03-06-2007, 04:00 PM
The posted 08 ordering guides says 453(seat ventilation) requires Nasca Leather. The pricing guide that was posted doesn't list these options (missig a few others as well).2008 5 series does not have vent seats or nasca leather?or am i mistaken..pls comment

deelee
View Public Profile
Send a private message to deelee
Find all posts by deelee
Add deelee to Your Buddy List

FyteOn
03-06-2007, 04:10 PM
It is not standard. It is available. You can upgrade. The upgrade to Nasca is $1850. The upgrade to vent seats is $1025. You can't do the vent without the Nasca but you can do the Nasca without the vent seats. It's not that complicated, people. The number is and was $2875. Complain all you want. CA is standard on the Lexus too and $1k for BMW. You think BMW is bad on pricing, try Porsche. I'm not sure steering wheels are even standard over there...

stevepow
03-06-2007, 04:23 PM
A stinking 37K Lexus IS 350 has ventilated seats.

Then why aren't we buying Lexus? And isn't an IS350 more of a 3 Series competitor?

I really don't think you can look at a pricing matrix this way. So what if BMW came standard that way and the base price was automatically $2800 higher - would that be OK? Then it would be included for what they think you should pay for it. The price of the car is what it is - if it doesn't seem worth it, don't buy it.

adrian's bmw
03-06-2007, 04:35 PM
It is not standard. It is available. You can upgrade. The upgrade to Nasca is $1850. The upgrade to vent seats is $1025. You can't do the vent without the Nasca but you can do the Nasca without the vent seats. It's not that complicated, people. The number is and was $2875. Complain all you want. CA is standard on the Lexus too and $1k for BMW. You think BMW is bad on pricing, try Porsche. I'm not sure steering wheels are even standard over there...

You're right on the Nasca/Vented Seat option for all 08 5 Series.

$1,850 for Nasca leather
$1,025 for Vented Seats

aficionado
03-13-2007, 01:56 PM
Just wanted to add that Leather in itself is an option for the 535i. If you were getting leather anyway, you are already paying $1850. If you want ventilated that's a $1025 option.

For the record I'd rather have leather and vent. seat over Nav. any day. It's all about comfort for me.

fabby
03-13-2007, 02:26 PM
Is it possible to get the nasca leather with the ventilated seats without the premium package?

aficionado
03-15-2007, 10:05 AM
Is it possible to get the nasca leather with the ventilated seats without the premium package?

According to the order sheet you do.

So, is Nasca leather an $1850 option AFTER getting the Premium package? It has to be. It's a better leather, I don't think you get the choice of Dakota or Nacsa.

Thus, Premium package + Nasca Leather + vent. seats.

According to the Wholesale price I can get stand alone leather for $1320.

But if I want the vent. seats I have to buy the

Premium package - 2095
Nasca leather - 1850
Vent. seats - 1025
that equals $5000 - wholesale price or $1320 to skip the vent. seats and just get leather.

Seems like a long way around and very expensive just to get Vent. seats.

krash
03-15-2007, 11:31 AM
Do these ventilated seats actually work???
:dunno:
I'm trying to picture how effective they would be once I put my fat a$$ in the seat ( actually, I don't have a fat a$$, I have a nice a$$ but I'm sure everyone gets the point).

Mac Daddy
03-15-2007, 11:35 AM
According to the order sheet you do.

So, is Nasca leather an $1850 option AFTER getting the Premium package? It has to be. It's a better leather, I don't think you get the choice of Dakota or Nacsa.

Thus, Premium package + Nasca Leather + vent. seats.

According to the Wholesale price I can get stand alone leather for $1320.

But if I want the vent. seats I have to buy the

Premium package - 2095
Nasca leather - 1850
Vent. seats - 1025
that equals $5000 - wholesale price or $1320 to skip the vent. seats and just get leather.

Seems like a long way around and very expensive just to get Vent. seats.

You are right, but your comparison is not quite fair -- you're comparing leather at wholesale vs. vented seats at retail. The wholesale of that list is:

Premium package - 1910
Nasca - 1685
vented seats - 935
for a total of $4530

So yes, about $3200 extra, but you get a little more besides the vented seats. No question they are expensive, but the whole car is expensive too. To me they are worth it! I used to live in Virginia, and it gets hot there!

aficionado
03-15-2007, 12:59 PM
You are right, but your comparison is not quite fair -- you're comparing leather at wholesale vs. vented seats at retail. The wholesale of that list is:

Premium package - 1910
Nasca - 1685
vented seats - 935
for a total of $4530

So yes, about $3200 extra, but you get a little more besides the vented seats. No question they are expensive, but the whole car is expensive too. To me they are worth it! I used to live in Virginia, and it gets hot there!

Thanks for the Info. I have it straight now.

Actually I'm in Arizona, I was in Virginia. My profile has been updated.

Eitherway, Arizona gets pretty hot too. :D

KRASH:

I've heard they work. No sweating. It would probably be worth it in AZ. I'm into comfort. So I'd rather have the Vent. Seats than the Nav. and upgraded sound system.

shosan521
03-15-2007, 02:23 PM
If the number turns out to be 2875 then we should start complaining to BMW now. A stinking 37K Lexus IS 350 has ventilated seats. It is ridiculous that we pay 55-70K on a car and then have to pay extra for vent seats. The options and pricing have always been my complaint about BMW. Many of the options should be included for the price.

+1 Kinda...I don't mind paying extra...but 2k or so extra...that's seems a bit much...it should be a bit more than heated seats, but not much. IMO.

FyteOn
03-15-2007, 03:39 PM
For those of us who live in extremely hot places the vent seats is more than just a convenience. I moved to AZ after living in Miami, N.Va and NYC so I know humid hot and dry hot. While I prefer dry hot a million times over, the vent seats are still a necessity out here - especially with blk/blk. Our Lexus has it and I'm not getting a car without it. Yes it's a pricy option but out here it's much more useful than CA or Cold Weather or Night Vision or HUD or even really NAV. I can see it not being as important in Portland, absolutely. But out here, if you're going to spend $1k so you don't have to take your keys out of your pocket, the price for the vent seats is much much more valuable.

Mac Daddy
03-15-2007, 04:55 PM
For those of us who live in extremely hot places the vent seats is more than just a convenience. I moved to AZ after living in Miami, N.Va and NYC so I know humid hot and dry hot. While I prefer dry hot a million times over, the vent seats are still a necessity out here - especially with blk/blk. Our Lexus has it and I'm not getting a car without it. Yes it's a pricy option but out here it's much more useful than CA or Cold Weather or Night Vision or HUD or even really NAV. I can see it not being as important in Portland, absolutely. But out here, if you're going to spend $1k so you don't have to take your keys out of your pocket, the price for the vent seats is much much more valuable.

+1!

In the last 15 yrs I have lived NVa, St Louis, San Francisco, now ATL. In 1 of those places I might pass on vented seats. (You can guess which!) The other 3 -- absolutely no question - getting them!

hts
03-15-2007, 06:09 PM
Personally I think Nasca leather and ventilated seats should be standard on a premium vehicle costing this much. BMWNA has some kind of nerve charging its clients extra for these 'must-have' should-be-included-in-base-price options.

:thumbup:

FyteOn
03-15-2007, 10:59 PM
You're joking right? How are those 'standard' vent seats on your Porsche treating you? If you have a Lexus I could see you saying that, but a Porsche?!? The king of nickle-and-diming their customers... Here are the options for the '06 Boxster - now this takes some nerve http://autos.yahoo.com/2006_porsche_boxster_s-options/

BMWSTL
03-16-2007, 06:54 AM
+1!

In the last 15 yrs I have lived NVa, St Louis, San Francisco, now ATL. In 1 of those places I might pass on vented seats. (You can guess which!) The other 3 -- absolutely no question - getting them!

I live in St. Louis. Spending $2875 ($2620 wholesale) just to have vented seats for the 3/4 really hot months we have (parts of June, July, August and parts of September) is pretty high. I've lived without vented seats for quite a few years, and can probably live without them for a few more. The A/C is pretty efficient, and after a few minutes the hot seats aren't so bad anymore.

Lou

hts
03-16-2007, 06:57 AM
yes, as a matter of fact, i was kidding. if there's one company that nickels/dimes its customers on options worse than bmw, it's porsche. this is my very first one (likely not to be the last!), and buying it was painful. there's something to be said for the way that honda/acura package their products.

You're joking right? How are those 'standard' vent seats on your Porsche treating you? If you have a Lexus I could see you saying that, but a Porsche?!? The king of nickle-and-diming their customers... Here are the options for the '06 Boxster - now this takes some nerve http://autos.yahoo.com/2006_porsche_boxster_s-options/

Mac Daddy
03-16-2007, 07:01 AM
I live in St. Louis. Spending $2875 ($2620 wholesale) just to have vented seats for the 3/4 really hot months we have (parts of June, July, August and parts of September) is pretty high. I've lived without vented seats for quite a few years, and can probably live without them for a few more. The A/C is pretty efficient, and after a few minutes the hot seats aren't so bad anymore.

Lou

Yep. And I can probably live without a new 550i as well, but you'll note that I am getting one soon. ;)

It is a little ridiculous to keep rehashing this. Yes they are expensive. They are very nice to have for many of us. Some will think they are worth it, and some will not. No right answer....

aficionado
03-16-2007, 01:12 PM
I just found this on the internet.

"
Ventilated automotive seats not only can improve passenger comfort but also a vehicle’s fuel economy by reducing the power need for air conditioning, according to a study done by the US Department of Energy’s National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL).

Ventilated seats increase the comfort of drivers and passengers locally (near the body), reducing the need to cool the entire cabin.

An NREL study showed that the United States uses 7 billion gallons (26.4 billion liters) of fuel per year for light-duty vehicle air conditioning, equivalent to 5.5% of the total national light-duty vehicle fuel use and 9.5% of the imported crude oil.

If all passenger vehicles had ventilated seats, we estimate that there could be a 7.5 percent reduction in national air-conditioning fuel use. That translates to a savings of 522 million gallons of fuel a year.

—John Rugh, VALR project leader"

Maybe the seats will pay for themselves. (well not quite).

So lets see. If I save 20 gallons of gas a year at $3, that's $60 X 10 years = $600.

astrohip
03-16-2007, 07:49 PM
Do these ventilated seats actually work???
Yes, they really do work. Incredibly well. I live in Houston. In the summer, when you get in your car after it's been outdoors, it can take 5-10 minutes before the car gets comfortable. With ventilated seats, it only takes 2-3 minutes max.

I'm not sure why it makes such a difference, maybe has something to do with sitting on a hot seat. your body feels cooler quicker, when what you are sitting on is cooler?

But they work. Fact. Well.

whay
04-09-2007, 10:46 PM
Anybody know invoice prices on Nasca and Vent seats?

Islander
04-10-2007, 01:00 AM
Does the Nasca Leather and ventilated seats come in both regular seats as well as the multi-contour seats.

jschulman
04-10-2007, 06:17 AM
Anybody know invoice prices on Nasca and Vent seats?

Nasca is $1685 and the vent seats are $935. If you want want of those options, you have to get the other.

aficionado
04-10-2007, 09:33 AM
Nasca is $1685 and the vent seats are $935. If you want want of those options, you have to get the other.

And you have to get the Premium Package and the Heated seats or Cold Package.

fp60
04-10-2007, 06:41 PM
I just ordered my car two weeks ago with the Nasca Black Leather Ventilated seat option.... I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl: