PDA

View Full Version : 04 545i

goodman
03-07-2007, 11:03 PM
I just put a refundable deposit on a 2004 545i. Among other options, it has premium HK radio with logic 7 and navigation. What I don't know is whether it has bluetooth audio compatibility with cell phones. Would bluetooth be included with the premium audio or was it even available in 2004? Also, was active steering included in the sport package or was it a separate option.

Me530
03-08-2007, 06:35 AM
Early 2004 models did not have a TCU that contained bluetooth. Later 2004 models did, but perhaps required a software update to activate. The presence of bluetooth in the E60 is independent of the audio option selected for the vehicle. Active steering was bundled with the sport package for that model year, and that was the only way you could get it.

525iEnjoy
03-08-2007, 07:44 AM
From what I was told recently is that the cars are bluetooth "ready" meaning the speakers buttons and mounting are there...its the 1200 dollar harness install you're missing. I asked the service person then why put all this in. you have all these buttons you cant use. And if you dont renew your SOS button that makes like 5 buttons that are obsolete. I told them I'll stick to using my 30 dollar bluetooth earpiece. on the screen go to communications if it does have it you should be able to link it! Also have a service writer pull up a options sheet to have a look see and what the car has!

chuck92103
03-08-2007, 07:49 AM
It will most likely need the MP3 retrofit as well. Without it you cannot use the iPOD adapter or play MP3 CD/DVD's.

ademitt
03-08-2007, 09:30 AM
Check the build date. If the car has a build date of Mar 04 or later, chances are you will be OK with BT. You may need to have it enabled by the dealer if it was not previoulsy enabled.

If it is a pre 03/04 build, you will need to update the TCU ($$$) or install the BTUM module to emulate BT.