PDA

View Full Version : V3 Razr Cradle

mikewinebf
03-08-2007, 10:11 AM
Has anyone installed a Motorola V3 RAZR cradle and addapter in their arm rest? The BMW website claims it is available but my dealer and parts (Prestige in Santa Rosa, Ca) contends it can't be done and states that the web site is wrong. Help!:yikes:

erikbmw1
03-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Whats up with that... I would like one also...:dunno:

kjboyd
03-08-2007, 12:09 PM
Sounds about right... my dealership told me not to trust the owners manaul, because it's general information for every BMW that is sold. yeah, ah, ok.

Sonoman707
03-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Circle BMW shows the V3 cradle is not available for the X3. It was a bit confusing - but after talking with them it was pretty clear.

Technic
03-08-2007, 05:48 PM
Has anyone installed a Motorola V3 RAZR cradle and addapter in their arm rest? The BMW website claims it is available but my dealer and parts (Prestige in Santa Rosa, Ca) contends it can't be done and states that the web site is wrong. Help!:yikes:

It can be done - with some modification: http://www.bimmernav.com/RazrConsoleModification.pdf

I did that V3 cradle modification for my E46 and it works perfectly with my BT ULF and antenna.

mikewinebf
03-09-2007, 07:24 AM
It can be done - with some modification: http://www.bimmernav.com/RazrConsoleModification.pdf

I did that V3 cradle modification for my E46 and it works perfectly with my BT ULF and antenna.
Just awsome, though a little intimidating. You should be building X3's not the Austrians.

Thanks a bunch I have two Dremels so I may try it.

MMME30W
05-09-2007, 08:31 AM
Bimmerfest comes through...again. I searched and found this thread very interesting.

So I take it there is no 'from factory' snap-in adapter for the Motorola Razr for the X3?

Sonoman707
05-09-2007, 08:48 AM

Yup... I had a discussion with Circle BMW... same result. Actually - the wording on the website - when properly interpretted - indicates it is available for the 3 Series & X5 - not the X3 (at least on Circle's website) although still confusing.

I considered the attached "mod"... but don't see that working with the console/armrest in the X3. I anticipated the adapter would be "inside" - opening the top of the armrest to insert/remove the phone.

As well... the biggest reason I wanted to do it was to utilize the external antenna connection and hopefully get better reception in weak signal areas - however, the adapter doesn't seem to "physically" utilize the external antenna connector on the Razr.

:dunno:

If I could get an antenna interface cable that would connect the Razr to the external antenna, I'd probably drill a small hole and route it into the top armrest compartment - but haven't had any luck locating said cable/connector.

Evlengr
05-10-2007, 12:47 PM
I have been out-geeked. Great instructions and pdf.

Mine is mounted at eye lvl so I can see caller ID at a glance from the corner of my eye.

Really nice!

berbutler
05-10-2007, 01:04 PM

Has anybody here done this mod on their 2006-2007 X3?

BB