PDA

View Full Version : sport package fans and high end audio=same dudes

wagonman
03-08-2007, 10:08 PM
my primary beef with the whole sport package mine is cooler than yours is the same exact reason i got out of audiophile level stereo gear. the attitute is exactly the same. audiophiles are never satisfied with equipment, it can always be better, they become complete snobs about anything less than the best, and the whole attention to minute detail detracts from what the whole purpose of high end stereos are all about which is: to enjoy the music. a good friend of mine once put it very well after reading the absolute sound magazine. he said " i think these people are substituting stereo equipment for other things in life".
what does all this have to do with bmws and sport packages? alot. the "vibe" is exactly teh same among "enthusiasts. bmws are seen as the "only" worthwhile car. bmws with sport packages and active steering and the more power the better. how rediculous.
get a broader perspective and catch a clue that life is not about whose car is the fastest and has the most options.

jcflys
03-08-2007, 10:37 PM
Wagonman what you been smoking tonight bro?

Ugly Bear
03-08-2007, 11:43 PM
my primary beef with the whole sport package mine is cooler than yours is the same exact reason i got out of audiophile level stereo gear.

What's a matter buddy? Are you pissed that not everyone thinks like you? It is a free country and everyone is entitled to spending their money the way they see fit. Besides, the entire idea of capitalism (and you are in the citadel and bastion of it) is that "mine is bigger than yours".

Are you sure you are not a troll? :dunno:

FyteOn
03-09-2007, 12:38 AM
So I guess, based on your logic, that 530's are for people who can't spell. It has to be "rediculous" that people don't know "whose" car is "alot" better. That "attitute" is "teh" worst.

I hope you're (not your) drinking tonight.

-- That Same Dude

stevepow
03-09-2007, 09:04 AM
Another chip on the shoulder post from the self-disenfranchised :( - what's up with that here lately?

jcflys
03-09-2007, 09:56 AM
I'm an enthusiast and I still like lots of other cars. I would take a Ferrari, Porsche an M5 or even a Corvette. Wagonman-Don't hate the player, hate the game!!

jcatral14
03-09-2007, 10:35 AM
Guilty on both counts. Love Sports Package and into High End audio :hi:

BIG _AL
03-09-2007, 12:45 PM
As you can see from the avitar, I also like the power. If you check out the garage, I guess I am guilty as charged with sports package, aero kit and L7.:p :D Oh well!!! Can't please everyone.

BmW745On19's
03-09-2007, 12:47 PM
Life is too short to settle for a mediocre car to drive everyday.

AzNMpower32
03-09-2007, 03:31 PM
People have a right to choose what they like and what they feel is important. People also have a right to criticize something not good.

I'm an audiophile and I love the sport package on all BMWs. Does that automatically make me a snob?

wagonman
03-09-2007, 09:38 PM
who drives a maybach 57s. he owns it. that's right. you heard it correctly 350k of german engineering. it blows away your sports package 5 series' cars with ease. now who is coooooool???

Ugly Bear
03-09-2007, 10:06 PM
People have a right to choose what they like and what they feel is important. People also have a right to criticize something not good.

I'm an audiophile and I love the sport package on all BMWs. Does that automatically make me a snob?

Of course it does. You should have spent your money helping poor children of Bangladesh. That's right - all of them. Now, if you excuse me, my d**k is too small, so I am going to audiogon.com and will post my $5000 amplifier for sale. I now MUST buy $10000 amplifier or else.

jcflys
03-09-2007, 11:13 PM
Wow someone help this poor sole!!!

sparky12
03-10-2007, 05:50 AM
who drives a maybach 57s. he owns it. that's right. you heard it correctly 350k of german engineering. it blows away your sports package 5 series' cars with ease. now who is coooooool???

I've read a few of your past posts and it seems you take pleasure in starting crap and arguing with the opinions of others. To be perfectly honest, you sound like a moron. What, exactly, does your friend having a Maybach have to do with the thread that YOU started - for no other purpose than to bitch about the people on the board. Go away troll.

itzeug
03-10-2007, 05:56 AM
haha the OP got skooled by board members hehe i dont even need to add anything, i think you guys covered all the points =)

Ugly Bear
03-10-2007, 09:45 AM
my primary beef with the whole sport package mine is cooler than yours is the same exact reason i got out of audiophile level stereo gear.

Actually, come to think of it, no, they are not the same. Shiny car is an ultimate enlargement tool. It is also a good chick magnet. BMW label adds at least 50% and cabrio adds another 50% to the overall tool length and girth. Wheel type is not that efficient, but it does help since large wheels make car look more expensive. M model matters less since I don't think most chicks know the difference.

Now, audiophile gear is completely different thing. Girls largely don't get it and hence it is only efficient in a male-only company. Besides, to show your huge heatsink to a girl you have to manage to get her into your abode first. Unless, of course, you are willing to carry around those Mark Levinson monoblocks. This activity, however, may actually help you since it can replace weight lifting and cardio workouts and with time will make you look really muscular. However, carrying around audiophile gear also make you look nuts and hence will scare away most girls.

:p

wagonman
03-10-2007, 12:02 PM
Actually, come to think of it, no, they are not the same. Shiny car is an ultimate enlargement tool. It is also a good chick magnet. BMW label adds at least 50% and cabrio adds another 50% to the overall tool length and girth. Wheel type is not that efficient, but it does help since large wheels make car look more expensive. M model matters less since I don't think most chicks know the difference.

Now, audiophile gear is completely different thing. Girls largely don't get it and hence it is only efficient in a male-only company. Besides, to show your huge heatsink to a girl you have to manage to get her into your abode first. Unless, of course, you are willing to carry around those Mark Levinson monoblocks. This activity, however, may actually help you since it can replace weight lifting and cardio workouts and with time will make you look really muscular. However, carrying around audiophile gear also make you look nuts and hence will scare away most girls.

:p

good points. i agree!!!

bklyn550
03-12-2007, 08:49 AM
audiophiles = pedophiles of music world. You are in a car not a sound proof room with perfect acoustics.

bklyn550
03-12-2007, 09:03 AM
Shouldn't you be driven in a Maybach? Also no 70-80K car is gonna make you a snob. A snob is another word for a D@@k so if thats what you wanna be go ahead.

Another thing that scares me is all this talk about enlargement tools from someone with BEAR in their name. Who's gonna post next M3Twinkforfun?

stevepow
03-12-2007, 09:07 AM
The mistake, then, is thinking that anyone who likes a premium audio system is an audiophile. Some people just like it to be as good as it can be within reason.

And some are in a position to make it happen...

http://www.hometheatermag.com/httalksto/606talks/

Nick325xiT 5spd
03-12-2007, 09:20 AM
Dude, you have got to have one of the larger inferiority complexes on the BMW fora.