PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Contour and Hi-Fi Stereo

ks-man
03-09-2007, 03:50 PM
I'm debating between these two options for my 535, both are $1200 MSRP. I know they are very different but I was wondering other people's opinions on the issue. I guess the bigger question is which is a bigger upgrade from the standard offering. Will I more appreciate the upgrade to multi-contour or hi-fi? I think I'm leaning towards multi-contour as the regular sound system sounded quite good but again I'd appreciate the thoughts of people who are using one or the other...or both. Thanks.

Ugly Bear
03-09-2007, 04:56 PM
Comfort seats. Pain in the lower back is MUCH worse than silence in your ears.

ken325i
03-09-2007, 05:05 PM
multi contour seats are fantastik! The L7 is great also, but no one has seats that match the multi contours.:thumbup:

shosan521
03-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Both are a substantial upgrade from stock if you ask me. L7/hifi is amazing compared to stock. But, if you aren't a huge audiophile and the stock system is good...donít' worry about it...in fact, don't even go listen to a car that has one b/c then you may change your mind! The multi contour seats are great. I just got back from my ED and did about 1400 miles in 8 days. Let me tell you that the multi contour seats are a huge plus! Made driving much more comfortable. The thigh rest is a huge plus and then the upper seat tilt function where the seats pivots at just below the shoulders made for a nice molding to my body. Also the adjustment of the back seat width was nice too...especially when driving fast. :)

There...now you have it...my 2 cents!

fabby
03-09-2007, 07:37 PM
I just went through the same debate and I settled on the comfort seats over than Logic 7. I currently have the standard stereo and it seems fine to me, he##ll, my wife wont alloy me to play the music loud anyway!

jcatral14
03-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Ah, just get both ;) :thumbup:

fabby
03-09-2007, 07:53 PM
I wanted to keep out the door under 50 so I had to choose one or the other. I hope I did not choose poorly.................but it still is a BMW:rofl:

shosan521
03-10-2007, 09:25 AM
I wanted to keep out the door under 50 so I had to choose one or the other. I hope I did not choose poorly.................but it still is a BMW:rofl:

Are you looking at doing ED? Could save some bucks there. Also, if leasing, make sure you look at MSDs. But, I'm sure you've already done your research...pardon me if I'm tell'in ya something you already know. :thumbup:

GolferEngineer
03-10-2007, 11:22 AM
I also reccommend both. The comfort seats are amazing but, be warned, they'll take you a few weeks to get them adjusted right - then save the settings.

You don't have to be an audiophile to get or enjoy the L7. But I agree with a previous post - DO NOT LISTEN to an L7 system or you will be disappointed in the stock stereo!

I should have gotten the HUD in place of the HD radio and Sirius radio!:dunno: