PDA

View Full Version : 2008 535 Timeframe

ks-man
03-09-2007, 05:36 PM
So I went to the dealership today to get some info on the 535xi. The dealer said they aren't expecting them in until mid-May (I had thought originally it was the end of March).

I'm really torn here. I'm concerned to order one without first having test-driven it due to the twin turbo engine (I just don't think you'll get the same feel from the 335), but I also don't want to have to wait until mid-May to test drive one and then have to order and wait another 10-12 weeks since I want specific options and colors.

Do people really think it will be mid May before the dealers get some in their inventory? Are other people having this problem? Like I said I want to test drive it, but I don't want to have to wait until August to get my new car. As an FYI, the dealer was giving me a general quote of a 535xi with basic options at $1,000 off MSRP and $1,500 off if I added a few higher priced non-typical options.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

rich/minn
03-09-2007, 06:30 PM
If it were me, I would just test drive a 335 to get the feel of the speed. Then test drive the 5 series. By doing it this way, it should give you a pretty good idea, of what the total package will be.

550ZSP
03-09-2007, 06:46 PM
Mid-May sounds late. A few of us on this forum have our vehicles already built and are now waiting at the port to be shipped out. You should maybe check with a different dealer...

fabby
03-09-2007, 07:29 PM
the 3 series is the fun, toss around car and the fiver is the bigger 'nice' ride that you can rip out once in awhile. the 535 is going to be a blast. :thumbup:

I hope anyway as that is where I am putting my moulah:dunno:

Starab
03-09-2007, 07:44 PM
So I went to the dealership today to get some info on the 535xi. The dealer said they aren't expecting them in until mid-May (I had thought originally it was the end of March).

I'm really torn here. I'm concerned to order one without first having test-driven it due to the twin turbo engine (I just don't think you'll get the same feel from the 335), but I also don't want to have to wait until mid-May to test drive one and then have to order and wait another 10-12 weeks since I want specific options and colors.

Do people really think it will be mid May before the dealers get some in their inventory? Are other people having this problem? Like I said I want to test drive it, but I don't want to have to wait until August to get my new car. As an FYI, the dealer was giving me a general quote of a 535xi with basic options at $1,000 off MSRP and $1,500 off if I added a few higher priced non-typical options.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

You wil get much better deal($ plus invoice) at Patrick BW, schaumburg,IL( Tim gadomski)
I am happy ordering 528 xi. Plus good advice.

ks-man
03-10-2007, 07:02 AM
So I've been reading a little more about the turbo-lag issue on the 335 and am more confident that it won't be an issue for me on the 535. The 335 truly has gotten stellar reviews on performance from experts and novices alike and all report either no or minimal turbo lag. I haven't read a single review that says there was significant or very noticeable turbo lag.

I'm more heavily considering ordering a 535xi now. How long should it take from the time I order one to receiving it? I am not planning on doing ED. Thanks.

deelee
03-10-2007, 09:22 AM
You wil get much better deal($ plus invoice) at Patrick BW, schaumburg,IL( Tim gadomski)
I am happy ordering 528 xi. Plus good advice.

how much did u get ur 528xi for if you dont mind telling!

Ugly Bear
03-10-2007, 10:03 AM
I haven't read a single review that says there was significant or very noticeable turbo lag.

You really should try 335 first. 335 has same weight as 530, so you'll get a good feeling of turbo properties. Try same tranny - don't drive 335 manual if you are going to get 535 auto. IMO there is no turbo lag, but rather power lag (for the lack of a better term), turbo seemed weak to me below 1550rpm with sudden boost of power at 1500.

Starab
03-10-2007, 10:26 AM
how much did u get ur 528xi for if you dont mind telling!

Between 1000 - 1500 over invoice