PDA

View Full Version : 2008 colors??

mwagner1
03-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Hey all,

Anyone seen any of the new exterior colors for the 2008 5 Series?? I am getting really pissed at BMW NA for not yet updating the 5 Series BYO on their site (you still see 525i and 530i cars)....:mad:

It is ridiculous that we are about to start the SECOND week of production for the 2008 Series and still BMW NA has not changed the site:violent: :behead: :bang:

Cheers.

stevepow
03-11-2007, 06:53 PM
there's a brochure you can download - has all the info....

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192022

SC400
03-11-2007, 07:14 PM
there's a brochure you can download - has all the info....

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192022

It has all the info, but unless you have a magnifying glass handy you might as well forget the color "chips". They are rediculous.

JSpira
03-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Hey all,

Anyone seen any of the new exterior colors for the 2008 5 Series??I'm thinking maybe carbon black but I'm afraid of how hard it will be to clean.

Mac Daddy
03-11-2007, 07:44 PM
I'm thinking maybe carbon black but I'm afraid of how hard it will be to clean.

+1

Originally planned on Titanium Gray (now Platinum Gray), but I feel like that color doesn't really suit the aggressive look of the 2008 550 ZSP...

ks-man
03-11-2007, 08:23 PM
I like how black sapphire metallic looks so I'll probably go with that.

jcflys
03-11-2007, 08:48 PM
I agree BMW has done a very poor job updating the website. There is no reason not to have the configurator set up for us.

///M Rakete
03-12-2007, 06:26 AM
BMW NA is always slow on updating their web site.

I think Platinum Gray and the Sport Package will be just fine, just a little worried it might be too dark, don't know how it really compares with TiGray. Space Gray might be an alternative but I think its almost as middle of the road as Silver Gray. Deep Sea Blue might be okay except it might get old after a while. The problem is I want Natural Brown (unless it turns out too yellowish) and it's not available with the grays. Might have to see if a non-conforming combination is possible, it's been done before (TiGray and Auburn).

mwagner1
03-12-2007, 07:04 AM
WOW...the color choices look to be less than exciting. I have never liked blue or green cars, so those options are out. Black cars, while sexy looking, are not an option for where I live in Texas (unless I move to a cooler climate by year's end). I have been driving white Honda Accords for close to 15 years so I would prefer to avoid another white car, even if it is a BMW

The new Platinum Gray may be my only choice, as for some reason BMW will not let you get choose a Platinum Bronze 550i with the sports pack..strange, since the Platinum Bronze will be available on the 2008 M5..

I now wish that the Olivine Green and Amethyst Gray choices were not deleted..:bawling:

Then again, I find the color options in the catalog to be only marginally more accurate than the BYO...I guess that I will have to visit the local dealer's lot on a Sunday to see what the new colors look like

Cheers,

krash
03-12-2007, 09:29 AM
Hey all,

Anyone seen any of the new exterior colors for the 2008 5 Series?? I am getting really pissed at BMW NA for not yet updating the 5 Series BYO on their site (you still see 525i and 530i cars)....:mad:

It is ridiculous that we are about to start the SECOND week of production for the 2008 Series and still BMW NA has not changed the site:violent: :behead: :bang:

Cheers.

It has become a morning ritual for me. Every morning, I check BMWUSA.COM to see if they updated it yet, and every morning I start my day disappointed.

I run a software development shop...You would think they'd have this in the can and all ready to go. If we operated like that (website not ready for product launch), we'd all be looking for new jobs.

I suppose there could be valid reasons for it not being updated, and it might not have anything at all to do with the development (IT) shop...

Regardless, I really can't wait to build my car and check out the corresponding lease rates in BMWUSA.COM. I like to do this before I ever talk to a dealer. I want to go into that situation armed with as much information as possible...

fabby
03-12-2007, 09:50 AM
:rofl: the germans are noted for their mechanical expertise, not their software
:D

tjgolden
03-12-2007, 11:42 AM
It has become a morning ritual for me. Every morning, I check BMWUSA.COM to see if they updated it yet, and every morning I start my day disappointed.

Try checking just before retiring for the night and you'll have a wonderful happy day and a peaseful sleep knowing tomorrow will be a great day because you won't be checking BMWUSA.com until late at night.

BMWBluejay
03-12-2007, 01:02 PM
WOW...the color choices look to be less than exciting. I have never liked blue or green cars, so those options are out. Black cars, while sexy looking, are not an option for where I live in Texas (unless I move to a cooler climate by year's end). I have been driving white Honda Accords for close to 15 years so I would prefer to avoid another white car, even if it is a BMW

The new Platinum Gray may be my only choice, as for some reason BMW will not let you get choose a Platinum Bronze 550i with the sports pack..strange, since the Platinum Bronze will be available on the 2008 M5..

I now wish that the Olivine Green and Amethyst Gray choices were not deleted..:bawling:

Then again, I find the color options in the catalog to be only marginally more accurate than the BYO...I guess that I will have to visit the local dealer's lot on a Sunday to see what the new colors look like

Cheers,

I went with the Space Gray solor for my new 535xi (just got built last week!). If you want to see what that color looks like, grab a 2007 3-Series brocure at the dealer--almost all the pics in the brochure feature a space gray 3-Series including on the cover. I really liked the color.

fp60
03-16-2007, 06:27 PM
THis is nuts!!! I need to order the car by the end of the month and I'm holding off because of the color section, new leather colors and I need to see the new bamboo trim with black leather.

Im looking at the 550! with the sports package, the ventilated black leather seats, alcantra black headliner and tossed between the three wood trims but leaning towards the bamboo.

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eeps:

jumpinjoe
03-17-2007, 06:08 AM
I don't know why there are so many shades of gray, but the space gray looked very nice on a 335 at the dealer.

Starab
03-17-2007, 08:44 AM
THis is nuts!!! I need to order the car by the end of the month and I'm holding off because of the color section, new leather colors and I need to see the new bamboo trim with black leather.

Im looking at the 550! with the sports package, the ventilated black leather seats, alcantra black headliner and tossed between the three wood trims but leaning towards the bamboo.

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eeps:

u may go to bmw dealership and see bamboo with black leather combo in other models to have an idea, i did the same. i choose gray leather with light poplar.

jcflys
03-17-2007, 09:26 AM
Go to your local dealer and look at a new X5. I would bet that the trim is the new bamboo trim. That is how it was at my local dealer. Also the Bamboo trim did look great in person.

1994_RX-7_Tour
03-20-2007, 01:14 PM
To all who've been frustrated with the lack of 2008 info on BMWUSA site - I've read through other forums (E60) that they are waiting until a US auto show in April (Detroit or NY? unsure..) and will roll out the new models online at that time. Frustrating for me also - I'm planning a 550i / Sport pkg / would like to see the colors too....:mad:

Mac Daddy
03-20-2007, 02:53 PM
To all who've been frustrated with the lack of 2008 info on BMWUSA site - I've read through other forums (E60) that they are waiting until a US auto show in April (Detroit or NY? unsure..) and will roll out the new models online at that time. Frustrating for me also - I'm planning a 550i / Sport pkg / would like to see the colors too....:mad:

I started another thread with this forgetting about this thread...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195499

Look on bmw.com and go to the UK site -- it is updated for the 08 5 series and you can see pictures of the colors. :thumbup: