PDA

View Full Version : this is BMW quality?

d-rive
03-12-2007, 10:42 AM
hi all, this is my new BMW X3 3.0d, i have refused this car. As you already know, here in Europe the level of car quality is something very important. Today i have refused this BMW by the cause of this lack of quality. The photo tell everything. I am very disapointed.

Excuse me for my english :(

jcarlilesiu
03-12-2007, 10:54 AM
seems a bit nit picky to me. The doors can be adjusted, further, if they arn't leaking, what exactly is the problem?

d-rive
03-12-2007, 10:59 AM
the door can be adjusted but you as BMW dealer, must do that before the client see this, and also the chrome lower window recess finshing is missing too.

CAFleming
03-12-2007, 11:05 AM
I agree with you completely. That car should never have been presented to you for delivery. And it's not just a European thing. Many of us in America are savvy enough to know that that's not right. I hate to say it, but you would NEVER see that on a Toyota or Honda. The trim is misaligned, and the seal is too.

Do not accept delivery until they've made that car right. If you take delivery with the promise of them fixing it later, I think you'll find action to fix it will be very slow!!

chuck92103
03-12-2007, 11:12 AM
I agree with you completely. That car should never have been presented to you for delivery. And it's not just a European thing. Many of us in America are savvy enough to know that that's not right. I hate to say it, but you would NEVER see that on a Toyota or Honda. The trim is misaligned, and the seal is too.

Do not accept delivery until they've made that car right. If you take delivery with the promise of them fixing it later, I think you'll find action to fix it will be very slow!!

:rofl: http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.eeca4bd

Don't be so naive. I have noted crooked door panels on just about every model of car out there. It happens, and like others have said, it is a simple adjustment.

To the OP, lighten up. You could have received a bad motor instead.

d-rive
03-12-2007, 11:32 AM
the rest of the car is really ok and the 6 cilinder diesel engine is fantastic.

Bobert
03-12-2007, 01:39 PM
I'm surprised the preparation center didn't catch something like this. Checking door and body seams should certainly be on their checklist one would think. You did the right thing by refusing to accept it.

XFOS
03-12-2007, 01:56 PM
Guys, consider that in Romania, they are paying an X3 for what you pay here for a loaded X5, enough to demand quality. Hell, even for a bare bones 3 series there should be attention to detail. You are paying premium for a premium car because of the brand And the brand does not only mean status, brand was made based on quality, and wanted or not ALL mass production car manufacturers have lost a lot of quality for greater profit margins.

AzNMpower32
03-12-2007, 02:05 PM
Hmm, its worse on our Honda Civic (2007 sedan, just 2300 miles). While the OP's X3 has a misaligned seal, I noticed the other day that there's a 2cm gap in the rubber seal between the front and rear doors, on both sides. I know water's getting in some way, but when my mom notices water seeping in, she can take care of it. Too many misaligned door/interior panels inside to mention or get fixed. It's a $20k car, go figure. And we're averaging about 24mpg in the city........the sticker says 30 in the city.:confused:

d-rive
03-12-2007, 02:10 PM
@XFOS, you're right, i have paid 54ooo euros, the car is nearly full option but no navi, no proffesional soud etc, but all the rest.

The car ar more expensive in Europe and the clientele is with more expectations.

dominoaz
03-12-2007, 05:50 PM
If quality is slipping on the Austrian produced X3's, I wonder what is going to happen when they start building them here in the U.S. I know the X5 is made here. How is the X5 build quality in relation to the Austrian X3? My X3 is extremely well put together. Right up there with the Japanese built Acura's and Lexi I have owned and far better than the U.S. built cars of the same brand I have also owned. On the other hand, my U.S. built '07 Z4 Coupe is a little rough, about where the U.S. built Acura's and Lexi are. That is, wide panel gaps, paint a little rough, etc.

AzNMpower32
03-12-2007, 05:55 PM
If quality is slipping on the Austrian produced X3's, I wonder what is going to happen when they start building them here in the U.S. I know the X5 is made here. How is the X5 build quality in relation to the Austrian X3? My X3 is extremely well put together. Right up there with the Japanese built Acura's and Lexi I have owned and far better than the U.S. built cars of the same brand I have also owned. On the other hand, my U.S. built '07 Z4 Coupe is a little rough, about where the U.S. built Acura's and Lexi are. That is, wide panel gaps, paint a little rough, etc.
Oh no.........don't start the "US versus European assembly" can of worms again!

Our X3 is built drum tight. Minimal panel gaps, no misalignment. Better than my friend's fancy TL. Even he remarked "wow I really like the build quality on your X3".

03-12-2007, 06:03 PM
seems a bit nit picky to me. The doors can be adjusted, further, if they arn't leaking, what exactly is the problem?

If your car came with headlights that lights up but does not illuminate the road in front of you at night, then what's problem?

Sorry but your comment sounds like its from a 2 and a half year old.

:confused:

kjboyd
03-12-2007, 07:06 PM
X3s are't likely to be built in the USA anytime soon.

dominoaz
03-13-2007, 08:13 AM
I read that the company (not BMW) that builds the X3 in Graz, Austria is taking on another car line that will consume its capacity and, as a result, the "next generation" X3 may likely be built in Carolina.

As for build quality, my X3 is the best I have ever owned.

kjboyd
03-13-2007, 09:15 AM
MagnaStyr already builds Mercedes and others. i'd still be surprised if it came here.

d-rive
03-13-2007, 01:10 PM
so, the conclusion, i have refused the car and the BMW Romania has ordered another car with the same specifications and optional equipment, i will wait 5 weeks and i hope the next one will be ok.

Thx a lot to everybody for the good thaugts :)

Don't ask me what will be happened with actual car :( they will find another client...

Ishniknork
03-13-2007, 06:23 PM
so, the conclusion, i have refused the car and the BMW Romania has ordered another car with the same specifications and optional equipment, i will wait 5 weeks and i hope the next one will be ok.

Thx a lot to everybody for the good thaugts :)

Don't ask me what will be happened with actual car :( they will find another client...
He-he, that picture made me go look at mine just to make sure it was lined up! (It was fine...) I think I would have noticed that bad of an alignment right away though.

Good luck with the next one. Hopefully they'll check it over real good before they try to present it to you. ;)

jcarlilesiu
03-14-2007, 08:25 AM
If your car came with headlights that lights up but does not illuminate the road in front of you at night, then what's problem?

Sorry but your comment sounds like its from a 2 and a half year old.

:confused:

To notice the issue of misaligned doors, and request a fix, fine. To reject the car, and act as though pieces may fall of at any moment while driving down the road is a seperate issue. It was missed, it isn't a big deal, it can be adjusted. No need to overreact.

P.S. the fact that you have to throw in a little snide comment in an attempt to slander me, only shows your lack of basis. Harsh words represent weak cause.

03-14-2007, 12:22 PM
To notice the issue of misaligned doors, and request a fix, fine. To reject the car, and act as though pieces may fall of at any moment while driving down the road is a seperate issue. It was missed, it isn't a big deal, it can be adjusted. No need to overreact.

P.S. the fact that you have to throw in a little snide comment in an attempt to slander me, only shows your lack of basis. Harsh words represent weak cause.

Yea! I am going to vote for you come next November.

adc
03-14-2007, 01:27 PM
To the OP: good luck with the next one, just tell your salesperson to make really really sure the car is perfect before you see it. (I'm assuming you don't really want to know how many of these "little" problems get fixed after the car has left the factory and before the customer sees it).

Oricum, bafta mare, masina e grozava si iti va aduce multe satisfactii. :thumbup:

petren
03-14-2007, 01:36 PM
"Oricum, bafta mare, masina e grozava si iti va aduce multe satisfactii."

Although the car is great, it is also the dealer that counts in the overal satisfaction business. Everything is fixable but when the dealer sucks or is only after your cash, you wish you didn't choose BMW.

adc
03-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Although the car is great, it is also the dealer that counts in the overal satisfaction business. Everything is fixable but when the dealer sucks or is only after your cash, you wish you didn't choose BMW.

Agree. But on the evidence posted here, I'd say the dealer was very accomodating by ordering another car.

I'm not sure any dealer here in the US would do something like that - they'd probably just laugh you out of the showroom. :dunno: Maybe I'm too cynical...

d-rive
03-14-2007, 02:40 PM
i did not refused the care just for the door issue, also the salesman has been made a mistake with one optional equipment wich has been found missing on this car, but this is not the subject of BMW quality is a subject of "quality" BMW salesman :)

now, the car has been reconfigurated and are no margins for error. i hope tha car will be ok like manufacturing quality and all optionals on the car :)

Thanks to all :) Multumesc tuturor, sunteti faini ;) (same thing but in romanian language :) )