PDA

View Full Version : Jlevi SW | Speed Innovations Software for E60 M5

Edison@JleviSW
03-12-2007, 12:45 PM
Just wanted to announce that we finished our first E60 M5 and yielded 22HP and 16lb-ft TQ on 91 OCT with our Speed Innovation ECU upgrade.

This upgrade includes a full ECU retune that remaps throttle, torque and timing maps as well as raising the top speed and rev limiters to improve power and performance. Speed Innovations' retune is different from standard piggy back systems in that it thoroughly alters the parameters mentioned above in the ECU rather than altering simple readjustments. This software is completely reversible and comes with a full 30 day guarantee in the event that you are unhappy with the results. I should mention this software is compatible with the M6 as well.

Pricing is regularly $1899 for the retune but we are running a special for $1799. Please contact us with any further questions or for complete pricing information :) !

Nick

Malibubimmer
03-13-2007, 01:25 AM
Just wanted to announce that we finished our first E60 M5 and yielded 22HP and 16lb-ft TQ on 91 OCT with our Speed Innovation ECU upgrade.

This upgrade includes a full ECU retune that remaps throttle, torque and timing maps as well as raising the top speed and rev limiters to improve power and performance. Speed Innovations' retune is different from standard piggy back systems in that it thoroughly alters the parameters mentioned above in the ECU rather than altering simple readjustments. This software is completely reversible and comes with a full 30 day guarantee in the event that you are unhappy with the results. I should mention this software is compatible with the M6 as well.

Pricing is regularly $1899 for the retune but we are running a special for $1799. Please contact us with any further questions or for complete pricing information :) !

Nick

So for almost $2 large I can obtain impercptible gains in HP and torque and possibly lose my 4 year BMW factory warranty - but get your 30-day warranty. Shows a lot of confidence in the product. :sabrina: Not.

By the way -- is it street legal in California?

Let me think about it. . . .

I think I'll pass.

Edison@JleviSW
03-14-2007, 06:20 PM
100***37; street and emissions legal in CA and does not void your factory BMW warranty. Here are the dynos from the M6 we did this afternoon:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e146/BMWERKEN/M6dyno.jpg

The 30 day guarantee is on your satisfaction with the software, there is a full 3 year guarantee backing the software against any engine malfunctions related to its installation. Although with hundreds of mercedes, lamborghinis, ferraris and BMWs running around with this software, I don't think you will run into any issues ;)

Malibubimmer
03-14-2007, 08:02 PM
100***37; street and emissions legal in CA and does not void your factory BMW warranty. Here are the dynos from the M6 we did this afternoon:

. . .

[30 day warranty offered.] Although with hundreds of mercedes, lamborghinis, ferraris and BMWs running around with this software, I don't think you will run into any issues ;)

Funny. Why doesn't BMW do it, then? Please forgive me if I am a bit doubtful.

Can I see what documentation you have on each of those representations? Also, while there is a small increase in power (4%-5%), where on the RPM curve is it and how does it affect performance and gas mileage?

Edison@JleviSW
03-15-2007, 11:38 AM
BMW tunes their engines to take into account a variety of parameters, including maximizing horsepower and torque. However, when doing so, they compromise power to make the car suitable for a variety of driving conditions and characteristics. For those who are interested in maximizing usable (safe) power from their engine while still maintaining the longetivity and functionality of their car, this software is for you. Speed Innovation does not tune the engine to the max for a reason, we are able to extra power but still well within the limits of the engine itself.

Thought I would pass along some pictures of the M5 we just did while on the dyno:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e146/BMWERKEN/M5dyno.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e146/BMWERKEN/M5dyno2.jpg

JamesInLV
03-22-2007, 08:50 AM
Decent results from software alone, but very expensive IMO. Do we have to send the chip into you for the flash? What happens every time BMW does an update and we have to send it in to be re-flashed? Will you charge for that? I won't be buying it, but I'm sure interested parties will want to know the the answers to those two questions.