PDA

View Full Version : E60 - Annoying rattle from the bottons on the steering wheel.

straightnochase
03-12-2007, 03:35 PM
Immediately after the purchase of a brand new E60, I could here small rattles when going over a little coarse surfaced road or small patches/bumps. At first, thought they were coming from inside the pront panel, but finally found out it's coming from the control buttons on the steering wheel (volume control, etc). It's certainly is nothing major, but sure is annoying sometimes. I'd like to take the car to the dealer for a warranty service if they have a quick fix, but if not, rather not have them mess with the car and create more problems.

Any of your similar experience, opinion, suggestions, etc. would be much appreciated. Thanks,

stevepow
03-12-2007, 06:45 PM
Probably the Stereo is not loud enough. Try turning it up :thumbup:

On a serious not though - I have not noticed that and it seems like something that would bother me if I did. Maybe take it in.

e60lover
03-13-2007, 12:10 AM
I had the same problem....I never had the time to take it in so my solution was to jam a small invisible piece of plastic in between the volume button....It has worked for me...:dunno: . This rattle is extremely annoying though, I know first hand.

katieandgoose
03-14-2007, 08:04 AM
Thanks folks, I'm going for a drive. A rattle developed over the past week and I have been banging on the upper door panel, dash and steering shaft cover trying to figure out where it's coming from. I was hoping warmer weather would help. Sounds like a loose wire against hard plastic inside the dash or door - I'll go check out the buttons and let you all know if we have a winner (loser).

drockstar
03-14-2007, 09:47 AM
Mine Were Replaced Under Warranty For The Same Reason. 04' E60

straightnochase
03-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Mine Were Replaced Under Warranty For The Same Reason. 04' E60

what did they do to replace or fix them? did they take the whole darn wheel apart?