PDA

View Full Version : Emailing a Dealer for a Price Quote

aficionado
03-12-2007, 03:35 PM
OK, I"m ready to email 4 dealers to get their best quote on a 535i.

What should I say?

Should I let them know in a subtle way that I have the Confidential pricing? Or will that not matter.

Any and all comments welcome.

thanks,

chrischeung
03-12-2007, 03:52 PM
It shouldn't matter. Just tell them the price you want.

Starab
03-12-2007, 06:03 PM
OK, I"m ready to email 4 dealers to get their best quote on a 535i.

What should I say?

Should I let them know in a subtle way that I have the Confidential pricing? Or will that not matter.

Any and all comments welcome.

thanks,

Just tell them I am serious in buying/lease, Sams / Costco Club membership helps too.
I like to pay $1000/- over invoice(euro/US) depending on Euro/US delivery
Expect to pay $1000-$1500/ over invoice
Ask him/her to send an e-mail about this deal
Then go the dealer with e-mail copy
Good Luck

Linc's5
03-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Last week I faxed over 15 dealers in my area (NJ/PA) a price quote with only a "shopping" email address and my name, no phone number. I used the Bimmerfest guide to shopping. Wholesale pricing for car and options + 1500. I got 8 responses, 4 of which wanted to do the deal. I would do the same, in fact BMW is about to unload some savings on 2007's to make room for May delivery of 2008's, so if you want an '07, your in luck. Go to BMWUSA for dealer fax numbers near you and be aggressive, it pays !
Thanks to Bimmerfest I saved thousands !:thumbup:

aficionado
03-12-2007, 08:18 PM
Where is the Bimmerfest guide to shopping?

Also, I check Sams and Costco. No BMW. They had Lexus and everyone else.

Also, I don't what to say I'll pay $1500 over invoice, what if they were going to offer $1000 over invoice. I'd like them to say their prices and then go from there.

schley
03-12-2007, 09:27 PM
I never understand why anyone would want to deal with faxes if you can simply email. :dunno:

Faxing is an old technology and just a hassle as you either hand write it or type it then punch in the number, use a cover page wait for it to transmit, make sure it goes through.

I would email the internet department with an offer that is excruciating in detail. I have an example if you pm me.

chrischeung
03-12-2007, 10:21 PM
I never understand why anyone would want to deal with faxes if you can simply email. :dunno:

Faxing is an old technology and just a hassle as you either hand write it or type it then punch in the number, use a cover page wait for it to transmit, make sure it goes through.

I would email the internet department with an offer that is excruciating in detail. I have an example if you pm me.

I like to make the offer a fax, with my signature. Future communcations are via email. A few reasons:

1. It looks like a more serious offer to some, because of the extra effort. I always sign the fax.

2. Some sales managers are old school and like to see something hard with a signature.

3. I always call ahead and ask for a fax number. Its less likely to get lost in a sea of emails, or if the CA is technologically deficient. The fax ends up smack on his desk. The email is less distinguished.

4. I hold onto the fax in case down the road, there is some "disagreement". I ask the SM to sign the fax. You can also ask them to sign the email.

5. I can attach things, like the wholesale price list, and the BMW pen an paper lease calculator. That way, price and leasing are also not in dispute.

Bottom line, it is probably more a matter of preference. If you get the deal at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. Its just that a fax allows me to send more, and distinguish myself more than every other email more easily.

HPIA4v2
03-13-2007, 07:01 AM
Email the internet sales manager and ask what would be their best price for the following car:
-List all options, including codes (this shows that you know what you are talking about)
-exterior/interior colors
-Engine option (535i for your case)
-ED or US delivery
-Ask for out of the door price, some counties have different sales tax (this also leaves no confusion on delivery charges, doc fee, prep fee etc)

I never lease so if you do maybe ask for residual, money factor, SD etc

Never fail me to get the best price in the past. This also shows some dealers are not willing to deal other are very reasonable.

Good luck.

mason
03-13-2007, 07:06 AM
Where is the Bimmerfest guide to shopping?

Also, I check Sams and Costco. No BMW. They had Lexus and everyone else.

Also, I don't what to say I'll pay $1500 over invoice, what if they were going to offer $1000 over invoice. I'd like them to say their prices and then go from there.

Which part of VA are you in? Near DC?? Costco has agreement with Arlington or Fairfax BMW. For example, a 530i would get at least $1,500 off MSRP.

ghbmd
03-13-2007, 07:15 AM
After you have negotiated the best selling price on your car, if you are leasing be sure to get the dealer to confirm that they will use the money factor and residual value as published by BMWFS at the time. The dealer has the right to markup the money factor in his favor, offering you a lower selling price, but making some money on the back end. Also, be sure to have your dealer email or fax you a confirmation listing whatever other charges there may be. It would stink to negotiate a great price and then find a $500 "dealer prep" or "conveyance fee" when you go to pick up your car.