PDA

View Full Version : Changing the Time!?

dirty Sanchez
03-13-2007, 12:41 AM
I'm sure this is in the manual, but anyone know how to change the freakin clock? Thanks!!

kevinp
03-13-2007, 05:19 AM
While in the main I-drive menu, press down on the wheel. This will take you into a list of sub-menus, one of which is entitled "Time and Date". select that option and you can revise the time accordingly.

Hope I've helped:thumbup:

mapezzul
03-13-2007, 06:03 AM
No offense but this is precisely why iDrive gets a bad rap. People cannot figure out that the Time & Date menu in settings is for changing the time and date..... simply amazing.:dunno:

mason
03-13-2007, 07:32 AM
Under Display Settings.

kevinp
03-13-2007, 07:44 AM
No offense but this is precisely why iDrive gets a bad rap. People cannot figure out that the Time & Date menu in settings is for changing the time and date..... simply amazing.:dunno:

Common sense is a wonderful but disappearing attribute.

stevepow
03-13-2007, 09:12 AM
Well you have to know first to select Display Settings - where brightness and the like make sense, I wouldn't right off the bat expect Time and Date to be there.

Sometimes that menu hierarchy is not as common sensible as it could be. I definitely don't think I can give anyone a hard time for getting down the wrong branch and getting a little frustrated. There are plenty of examples where settings are in strange and unexpected places.

dirty Sanchez
03-14-2007, 01:49 AM
Common sense is a wonderful but disappearing attribute.

Ouch!! Zing!

Well you have to know first to select Display Settings - where brightness and the like make sense, I wouldn't right off the bat expect Time and Date to be there.

Sometimes that menu hierarchy is not as common sensible as it could be. I definitely don't think I can give anyone a hard time for getting down the wrong branch and getting a little frustrated. There are plenty of examples where settings are in strange and unexpected places.

(sniff, sniff...tear, tear) Thanks man! -I really appreciate everyone's help!

NASA43
03-14-2007, 06:33 AM
I just got my car so I went straight to the manual rather than fishing through the iDrive menu. :)

stevepow
03-14-2007, 09:39 AM
I just got my car so I went straight to the manual rather than fishing through the iDrive menu. :)

The very definition of common sense :thumbup:

katieandgoose
03-14-2007, 06:33 PM
Enjoyed the change to DST this past weekend. Set the clocks ahead an hour on all of my vehicles on Saturday evening, but on the 530 it kept changing back to the correct time. When I went out Sunday morning the time had advanced to the correct settings overnight????

jcatral14
03-14-2007, 07:41 PM
Bah, real men don't need manuals :p :rofl: ;)