PDA

View Full Version : Ventilated Seats Question

jschulman
03-13-2007, 10:11 PM
Does anyone have any pictures of the ventilated seats? I saw the beige seats a month or so ago, and from what I recall I didn't like the way they looked. Does anyone have pictured of both the beige and black ventilated seats? I would prefer beige (living in Las Vegas), but I just don't remember them being that attractive.

Thank you for all your help. This forum is great!

FyteOn
03-14-2007, 01:27 AM
There were pictures posted - check the search. But the best thing to do, and what we did, was go to a dealership and find a 7 series with the seats. The pictures really don't do the seats justice. The holes look a lot worse in the pictures than in person, IMO.

Mac Daddy
03-14-2007, 07:10 AM
There were pictures posted - check the search. But the best thing to do, and what we did, was go to a dealership and find a 7 series with the seats. The pictures really don't do the seats justice. The holes look a lot worse in the pictures than in person, IMO.

+1

The seats are better looking in person and softer than the Dakota leather. There was a sticky for a while with pictures of the seats (I think biege though) -- should be able to find with search.

jschulman
03-14-2007, 07:11 AM

Thanks, I saw pictures of the beige seats online, but not the black seats. The pictures look nice, but the seats in person looked yellow. I am going to take your advice, and go to the dealer to see if they have anything I can see in stock.

The car I ordered is Platinum silver with black leather and anthracite headliner. It would be nice to switch the car to platinum bronze (I think that is the new color) with beige interior and grey headliner as I live in Las Vegas. But if those seats are yellow, I will stick with what I ordered.

jschulman
03-14-2007, 07:30 AM
+1

The seats are better looking in person and softer than the Dakota leather. There was a sticky for a while with pictures of the seats (I think biege though) -- should be able to find with search.

I found the beige leather pics but those pics are different from what I saw in person. I think I figured out why. BMW has about 5 or 6 different kinds of nasca leather for the 7 series (including a light beige, and a dark beige), but only lists the dark beige and black as options for the 5. I emailed Irv (who I bought my car from) to see if perhaps I could get he light beige or grey...but I doubt it.

stevepow
03-14-2007, 09:34 AM
click on View My Garage on my post - should be pictures there - select View All Photos when you get to it.

jschulman
03-14-2007, 08:57 PM
click on View My Garage on my post - should be pictures there - select View All Photos when you get to it.

Very nice. The leather looks really nice. Do you use the standard leather cleaner to keep it nice and new or do you have to use something different because of the perforations in the seat?

Mac Daddy
03-15-2007, 07:52 AM

That is a very nice looking car! The seats and interior look great, and similar to what I will have. Have you been happy with the seats (coming up on a year now)?

jschulman
03-15-2007, 10:28 PM

Did you have to get the sport package to get the ventilated seats. Irv said the ordering guide only requires the premium package to get the ventilated seats, but when I searched for the ventilated seats picture, there is a message where the sports package or the multi-contour seats had to be purchased to get the ventilated seats.