PDA

View Full Version : X3 1200 Miles At Last.

mikewinebf
03-14-2007, 05:32 PM
It's "broken in" Those 1200 miles were pure suffering, and tested my restraint. BUT NOW!

What a joy being able to take it through it's rpm's, and the sound is great.

Love the car and as of yet nothing that qualifies as a real problem. I have the same starting situation that many of you have mentioned. A slight rattle from the cargo net (it came that way, I didn't want it) acouple of times I couldn't open the drivers door from inside without hittting the dash lock button, it happened frequently in my old X5.

No first aid kit did anybody get one?

And driving, I really am enjoying the sports suspension, stiff but not harsh. Passed two Harley on the outside of a fast sweeper yesterdy, they were laid over, and nearly horizontal with their knees to the asphalt when I went by. They weren't happy but the road was Curvey for the next five miles and they couldn't get close.

Oh, and: my dealer is having trouble enrolling me in BMW assist, is that common?

AzNMpower32
03-14-2007, 07:26 PM
First aid kit: nope, doesnt come with US-delivered X3s. Neither does the warning triangle in the trunk.

BMW Assist: didnt have problems when we got ours. We're supposed to press the SOS Assist button for like a initiation or first-call to make sure its working. Try if yours will work.

Bora20
03-14-2007, 09:53 PM
Passed two Harley on the outside of a fast sweeper yesterdy, they were laid over, and nearly horizontal with their knees to the asphalt when I went by. They weren't happy but the road was Curvey for the next five miles and they couldn't get close.

Harley's, laid over, and knee on ground don't even belong in the same sentence. :dunno:

Most of those guys ride to the coffee shop and park it. Leaning is about 35 degrees before you start grinding floorboards and creating sparks. You could pass most of them on the outside in an early 80s Dodge Omni.:rofl:

I love your ride though.:thumbup:

mikewinebf
03-14-2007, 09:57 PM
Harley's, laid over, and knee on ground don't even belong in the same sentence. :dunno:

Most of those guys ride to the coffee shop and park it. Leaning is about 35 degrees before you start grinding floorboards and creating sparks. You could pass most of them on the outside in an early 80s Dodge Omni.:rofl:

I love your ride though.:thumbup:

I know, I know, it was a small victory, but after the agony of break in it really felt good.:rofl: