PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Contour Seats for Petite Women?

SportUniversaal
03-15-2007, 04:27 AM
Hello! I'm new to the 'fest. My wife currently drives a '03 325iT, but I am about to pull the trigger on buying her a '08 535xiT. The one option we're having a really hard time deciding on is the multi-contour seats. She is quite petite (5'2", <100 lbs), and had a hard time finding a comfortable seating position in a loaner 5er with standard seats.

Are there any petite women out there, or members whose cars are driven routinely by petite women, who would care to comment on whether the multi-contour seats improve seating for those who are vertically challenged? I've seen other forums that talk about their comfort, but none that specifically address this question.

Thanks!

mapezzul
03-15-2007, 06:17 AM
Hello! I'm new to the 'fest. My wife currently drives a '03 325iT, but I am about to pull the trigger on buying her a '08 535xiT. The one option we're having a really hard time deciding on is the multi-contour seats. She is quite petite (5'2", <100 lbs), and had a hard time finding a comfortable seating position in a loaner 5er with standard seats.

Are there any petite women out there, or members whose cars are driven routinely by petite women, who would care to comment on whether the multi-contour seats improve seating for those who are vertically challenged? I've seen other forums that talk about their comfort, but none that specifically address this question.

Thanks!

I can not attest personally to the comfort they offer for I am not that size BUT they do leave more adjustments.
My better half was able to find a position that suited her with no problem. She is about the same size. The comfort seats are a nice upgrade over the standard seats.

Best of luck!:thumbup:

caveatesq
03-15-2007, 07:01 AM
My wife is 5 feet tall and drives a 530xit with the comfort seats. They were a must have for her when we were ordering the car because with the standard 5 series seat, the head restraints were no where near her head. The amount of adjustability that the comfort seats offer enable her to fully engage the clutch while still getting neck protection in the event of a crash. They are a little pricey and I suggest that before you order you find one on a dealer lot with the seats (they are not that uncommon since they are part of the sport package) and have her test them out.

Rockitrod
03-15-2007, 10:19 PM
I really like the comfort seats, but they don't help my 4' 11" wife at all. After moving the seat to its highest point, she still couldn't see over the dash. Our final option..... we will try a pillow. Luckily she never planned to drive the car much anyway. :tsk:

A2 Bimmer
03-16-2007, 05:27 AM
My wife is 5'2" and it is always a struggle to find a car that she can drive. Let's just say I have to pry her out of my '07 530xi with comfort seats.

YMMV, but the best bet is to get her in for a test drive in a car with comfort seats. Your dealer should have SOME car with comfort seats. Even is she can just sit in it it will help you decide. Just make sure she has safe clearance from the airbag.

Good luck.

Chris D
03-16-2007, 05:15 PM
Yes. I would also like to get a list of all the petite women who visit this forum. :D