PDA

View Full Version : X3 black interior?

d-rive
03-16-2007, 01:36 AM
i have searched on the forum but didn't find nothing about this interior colour :cry:

can somebody help me with some photos of a black interior with black nevada leather and ash grain trim?
the exterior of my car is also sapphire black, but the car will be made 4 weeks from now :)

so, if any body can help me with some photos i will be very glad and also i want any oppinions of these choice of colors, all black like Darth Vader :)

actually i have found this http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2170166&postcount=16 but mine is with sports leadher steering wheel and sport Nevada leader seats.

if you have another photos i'll be happy ;)

ish
03-16-2007, 06:38 AM
IMO the all black interior is a little unimpressive, maybe the light wood might spice it up a bit. If you want to make it really pop you might want to consider the aluminum trim. It is really sharp.
I considered the black with the dark wood, but ended up with a Priorty 1 order of Nevada Black / Tobacco leather with aluminum trim.

AzNMpower32
03-16-2007, 10:11 AM
I don't mind the black leather with gray poplar wood trim. It looks decent, but you can go with aluminum trim if you want to brighten it up slightly.

kataraika
03-16-2007, 10:36 AM
I think the black interior is by far the best. It creates a very modern, clean, sophisticated, luxurious, and solid feel. The other options either look somewhat cheap (gray) or somewhat gaudy (tobacco) or both (sand beige). The gaudiness comes from the fact that the dashboard is automatically black, so any color other than black results in a two-tone interior that makes the interior look like a good-and-plenty -- far too busy and distracting. The ash dark wood trim seems to go best with the black interior, but wood accents are becoming somewhat old-fashioned and other materials (e.g., aluminum, carbon) are considered more modern/sophisticated/sporty. I haven't seen the aluminum trim on the BMW so I can't comment on it. If you want to see a great modern interior, go to Audi's website and check out the R8. The X3's interior and even the new X5's are definitely falling behind the times. The only problem with the black interior is that it makes the cabin feel a little smaller than some of the lighther colors. The black exterior looks great, but can be a bear to keep clean depending on where you live. I live in the dusty desert, so white, titanium silver, and bronze were my only practical choices. Even the silver gray is too dark to hide the dust. I went with the silver because it looks the best and also allowed me to get the black interior.

UncleJ
03-16-2007, 11:48 AM
I have a black interior with the silver trim. I will confirm the interior is also a bear to keep clean, it shows every scuff and speck of dust. When it is clean tho' it looks very nice. I have grey weather tech mats to keep some of the dirt off that black floor. The lighter color mats also help in finding things dropped at night, like keys & glasses. I will not get a black interior again.

ish
03-16-2007, 02:15 PM
I agree with UncleJ.....been there done that with an all black interior, the silver trim must look nice though.

Black with the dark wood is sooooo boring I just can't stand it, you might as well save the money and go with the leatherette interior because it is so dark you can't tell the difference anyway.

IMO the Terracotta and Black is a little startling the 1st time you see it, but after the shock wore off I liked it....lol

For us the Tobacco and Black was the best and it looks great with the silver gray exterior.

d-rive
03-16-2007, 02:36 PM
i think the ash trim wood is stylish, i like very much piano black but does not exist on X3, i like the brushed aluminium trim but wood is warmer and i like the shiny finish. I believe is just a matter of a taste.

03-16-2007, 06:21 PM
Terracotta, 3 thumbs up, no doubt son.

Richard in NC
03-17-2007, 06:23 AM
I like my tan/black interior. The picture showing the dash only is the true color, not the one showing the seats. I believe in '07 they may have changed some of the colors around. I drove a loaner X3 with the black/terracota interior yesterday. It was striking but too intense for me. On the '06 it had a solid black dash with only seats and armrests contrasting.