PDA

View Full Version : Question about pricing?

bs1234
03-16-2007, 03:06 PM
When you guys talk about pricing in these forums, it is generally described as $x above/below invoice or MSRP. Generally does it also include all the charges (destination, etc) and fees (service, training, etc)?

Basically a dealer is offering me around $950 above invoice for a 2008 528i. But then he also adds up all kinds training, service fees and destination charges to this price. I have been reading these forums the past several day but am still not clear whether this would be a good price or generally the prices people quote here include all other fees and charges (obviously excluding tax and title).

Thank you

BMWSTL
03-16-2007, 03:14 PM
When you guys talk about pricing in these forums, it is generally described as $x above/below invoice or MSRP. Generally does it also include all the charges (destination, etc) and fees (service, training, etc)?

Basically a dealer is offering me around $950 above invoice for a 2008 528i. But then he also adds up all kinds training, service fees and destination charges to this price. I have been reading these forums the past several day but am still not clear whether this would be a good price or generally the prices people quote here include all other fees and charges (obviously excluding tax and title).

Thank you

Whatever the dealer has to pay for a car or pass along to the consumer is what *I* consider to be invoice. Check the 2008 MSRP and Invoice pricing stickie. The dealer cost is shown for the base car plus options, and the adds include destination charges, etc.

If the dealer adds someting other than what BMW lists, those are what I consider to be "pads" and should be excluded from an "invoice plus" deal. These include items such as paint sealant, rust proofing, and my all time favorites, "market price adjustment" and "additional get ready." :spank:

Lou

bs1234
03-16-2007, 07:04 PM
Ok. Cool. So based on the invoice pricing for a 2008 528i without any options, the invoice price will be 40,755.00 + 750 (Dest & Handling) + 180 (Dealer Prep). Anything the dealer says above this is all profit. So if he quotes me a price of Invoice + 950 the total should come to the above + 950 + title + taxes.

The dealer is also asking for some Advertising fees and Training fees. What are those?

Someone in the Invoice price forum also talks about some MACO charge. What is it and is it a valid charge?