PDA

View Full Version : ED Coming out of U.S. Dealer Allocation?

MikeTerp
03-17-2007, 08:14 AM
That's what my dealer told me this morning. Said that this just started for MY08. Anyone else here anything about this, because it was a "first heard" for me. Thanks.

AzNMpower32
03-17-2007, 08:25 AM
Seriously doubt it. It never has, and I don't think it will. Dealers aren't the most reliable source of info, since they're more interested in moving cars off their own lot.

mapezzul
03-17-2007, 08:44 AM
No not at all. Your dealer just wants to take more of your money. Find another dealer... try Joern at Passport.

Best of luck!:thumbup:

jcflys
03-17-2007, 10:30 AM
Mike check for a pm.

That's what my dealer told me this morning. Said that this just started for MY08. Anyone else here anything about this, because it was a "first heard" for me. Thanks.

RichReg
03-17-2007, 02:26 PM
The E.D. department @ BMWNA does in fact, control European delivery allocations.
They may have decided that because the '08 is a 'hot new model' (whatever that means) that they won't provide allocations until a certain date.
That could easily be the reason for what your dealer told you. So in the meantime, if you want Euro-Delivery for an '08, you have to get it from
a dealer's allocation, which usually means little or no discount off of Euro-Delivery M.S.R.P.

I suspect that this what jcflys has already told you, but if not, consider this your F.Y.I. :)

mapezzul
03-17-2007, 05:01 PM
The E.D. department @ BMWNA does in fact, control European delivery allocations.
They may have decided that because the '08 is a 'hot new model' (whatever that means) that they won't provide allocations until a certain date.
That could easily be the reason for what your dealer told you. So in the meantime, if you want Euro-Delivery for an '08, you have to get it from
a dealer's allocation, which usually means little or no discount off of Euro-Delivery M.S.R.P.

I suspect that this what jcflys has already told you, but if not, consider this your F.Y.I. :)

I know for a fact the 2008 E60 was NOT coming out of allocation and that dealers are discounting them already before they have even hit the shores because the money factors are insane. If things have changed it would be a surprise to me. I will check tonight and see.

DBU
03-19-2007, 01:44 AM

Depends on what model you are shopping for. ED M-cars are indeed part of their allocation AFAIK.

MikeTerp
03-19-2007, 07:14 AM
is what I am looking at. Nothing particularly special or out of the ordinary. I plan to try other dealers.