PDA

View Full Version : Owner's Circle Question

ks-man
03-17-2007, 11:05 AM
So I finally ordered my first BMW...a 2008 Black Sapphire 535xi. I'm quite excited and now have the arduous task of waiting two months to receive it.

About the owner's circle. Is there anyway I can see when it should go into production, it currently says on order? I know what me dealer said but he also said once we order it, it usually gets bumped forward a week or two. Just trying to get familiar with Owner's Circle as it doesn't seem to be very informative right now. Thanks for the help.

stream
03-17-2007, 12:13 PM
The production tracking on owners circle is around a week delayed. The dealer has online access to the most up to date production status. Have them fax you a copy of the order status report--it will show all options ordered, requested production week and confirmed production week, and all the steps along the production process.

The next best thing is to call BMW customer service (800-831-1117) and speak to a rep who can tell you the car's status. Once the car leaves the factory, they can't track it, so you need to rely on the dealer.

Starab
03-17-2007, 06:06 PM
So I finally ordered my first BMW...a 2008 Black Sapphire 535xi. I'm quite excited and now have the arduous task of waiting two months to receive it.

About the owner's circle. Is there anyway I can see when it should go into production, it currently says on order? I know what me dealer said but he also said once we order it, it usually gets bumped forward a week or two. Just trying to get familiar with Owner's Circle as it doesn't seem to be very informative right now. Thanks for the help.

Same Day/Upto date info is with the DEALER
one day delay in info with 800-831-1117(customer sevice-talking to rep.)
1-2 Days dely in info with 800-831-1117(Automated answering service)
2-3 days delay with Owner's circle-bmw site

okiemark
03-18-2007, 07:50 AM
If the dealer will give you the Production Number of the vehicle, you can track it on the Owner's Circle website.

ks-man
03-18-2007, 09:22 AM
If the dealer will give you the Production Number of the vehicle, you can track it on the Owner's Circle website.

I do have the production number, but when I go into the Owner's Circle or call the 800 number it says there is no production date set yet.

stream
03-18-2007, 10:00 AM
I do have the production number, but when I go into the Owner's Circle or call the 800 number it says there is no production date set yet.

Both the 800 number (talking to a CS rep) and the dealer can tell you the requested production week and confirmed production week. Your best bet is to get a copy of the status report from the dealer.

ks-man
03-18-2007, 11:23 AM
Both the 800 number (talking to a CS rep) and the dealer can tell you the requested production week and confirmed production week. Your best bet is to get a copy of the status report from the dealer.

I called the 800 number yesterday and the center was closed. I will call back tomorrow and try speaking to a CS rep. I'd prefer not calling the dealer until things get further along as I'm sure I'll be calling him every day when I'm waiting for the car to arrive. No use bothering him now when I'm still 6-8 weeks away.