PDA

View Full Version : I hate chickens. The neighbors yardbirds are driving me insane!

Jever
03-18-2007, 07:41 AM
/rant on/They won't quit squawking. They have been at this all night long. Actually every rooster in the neighborhood has been squawking all night long. Usually they just go at it around midnight, maybe two am then around 5am just for a minute or two but tonight it's been almost constant. Right about when I'm going to fall asleep they start it all over:mad: :mad: . I wonder if we're going to have an earthquake or something today. /rant off/

stylinexpat
03-18-2007, 07:49 AM
/rant on/They won't quit squawking. They have been at this all night long. Actually every rooster in the neighborhood has been squawking all night long. Usually they just go at it around midnight, maybe two am then around 5am just for a minute or two but tonight it's been almost constant. Right about when I'm going to fall asleep they start it all over:mad: :mad: . I wonder if we're going to have an earthquake or something today. /rant off/

I had the same problem here in Taiwan. This FU**** decided to raise roosters and chickens behind my unit on an empty piece of land. I went to the local pharmacist and she gave me some rat poison. I mixed the rat poison with the rice and cabbage and you know chickens and roosters they eat anything and everything till there is nothing there. 2 days later the place was quiet. There is no law for killing chickens and roosters, people kill them here all the time for food:angel:
I would not do such a thing in America but here in Taiwan it is a while different world. When you have a problem it is best to take care of it your-self. In America you can complain for noise pollution and they will have something done about it. Unless you live next to a farm they will take care of the problem for ya. Here you can complain forever and nothing will be done.

Dave 330i
03-18-2007, 08:09 AM
Did you report that to tgee? :rofl:

the_s_rabbit
03-18-2007, 08:14 AM
There are roosters in LA?

tgee
03-18-2007, 08:15 AM
Closing the door and windows will work wonders. :p

Dave 330i
03-18-2007, 08:18 AM
I would think that is a given unless you like to smell the chicken dung.

rumratt
03-18-2007, 08:24 AM
I had the same problem here in Taiwan. This FU**** decided to raise roosters and chickens behind my unit on an empty piece of land. I went to the local pharmacist and she gave me some rat poison. I mixed the rat poison with the rice and cabbage and you know chickens and roosters they eat anything and everything till there is nothing there. 2 days later the place was quiet. There is no law for killing chickens and roosters, people kill them here all the time for food:angel:
I would not do such a thing in America but here in Taiwan it is a while different world. When you have a problem it is best to take care of it your-self. In America you can complain for noise pollution and they will have something done about it. Unless you live next to a farm they will take care of the problem for ya. Here you can complain forever and nothing will be done.

:eek:

tgee
03-18-2007, 08:26 AM
I would think that is a given unless you like to smell the chicken dung.The neighbors actually keep it very clean. I've never had even a whiff of nasty chicken smell from their yard.

It's funny, people come here and talk about how noisy it is but I tune out most of the country sounds. Traffic is noisy to me.

Dave 330i
03-18-2007, 08:28 AM
The neighbors actually keep it very clean. I've never had even a whiff of nasty chicken smell from their yard.

It's funny, people come here and talk about how noisy it is but I tune out most of the country sounds. Traffic is noisy to me.

Your house guest is not a country boy. :rofl:

tgee
03-18-2007, 08:36 AM
Your house guest is not a country boy. :rofl:That's for sure but you would think after all this time he would learn to tune it out too.

Double-S
03-18-2007, 08:53 AM
12 Gauge.

Frank Rizzo
03-18-2007, 08:54 AM
FWIW: there were protesters in from of my local KFC yesterday with banners that said "Broken Beaks and Wings", "Boycott KFC" and "Inhumane"

:loco: Only in Los Angeles. Somebody likes chicken more than you.......

Hey, If memory serves, you were hating on chicken once before, when you started the previous diet phase........:eeps:

hockeynut
03-18-2007, 09:44 AM
Anything I can do to help?

http://accordionguy.blogware.com/Photos/2005/12/colonel_sanders.jpg

///M3lissa
03-18-2007, 10:15 AM
FWIW: there were protesters in from of my local KFC yesterday with banners that said "Broken Beaks and Wings", "Boycott KFC" and "Inhumane"

Snip...

We saw those same protesters in San Jose in early February..... did you see the guy in the chicken suit? :rofl:

Must suck to be wearing that in this weather :tsk:

Finamir
03-18-2007, 12:29 PM
You might want to consider operation shock & awe with the dog... 12 gauge would work too :)

MB330
03-18-2007, 01:06 PM
My I recomend this
http://www.snipercentral.com/svd.htm :thumbup:

saw this toy in real life - let me tell you very ipress.
Another one made by Germans
http://www.snipercentral.com/msg90.htm :thumbup:

ObD
03-18-2007, 01:14 PM
http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/stores_app/images/images_413/TravelItem_EarPlugs.jpg

Jever
03-18-2007, 01:40 PM
There are roosters in LA?
I'm sure there are some somewhere
You know not of what you speak
Your house guest is not a country boy. :rofl:You have never been more correct in your life.

That's for sure but you would think after all this time he would learn to tune it out too.
Never gonna happen. I hardly ever hear the train when it goes by or the traffic down on LA Ave but I can hear a chicken or a goat at 300 miles downwind.

Hey, If memory serves, you were hating on chicken once before, when you started the previous diet phase........:eeps:
I am not a big fan of chicken, even more so live chickens, however I will sacrifice my tastebuds if it keeps a cityboy from having to listen to one. I don't mind taking one for the team if I have to.

AusBmw
03-18-2007, 01:41 PM

Can i bring my English cocker spaniel over mate?He absolutely hates birds of any kind,found the odd dead non native bird here and there in the yard,next doors got 2 chickens and he knows that there around :)

cwsqbm
03-18-2007, 01:46 PM
You might want to consider operation shock & awe with the dog... 12 gauge would work too :)

When I was young, a neighbor's semi vicous dog kept coming on our property. My dad took shotgun shell, emptied out all the shot, and fired at the dog at fairly close range. The noise plus the plastic wad hitting the dog meant we never saw the dog back again.

Pvt. Joker
03-18-2007, 02:30 PM
Have you tried "chokin the chickens"? :p

Jever
03-18-2007, 02:39 PM
Have you tried "chokin the chickens"? :p
http://www.bimmerfest.com/photos/data/500/4501notfunny.jpg

Robsa
03-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Move

99flhr
03-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Move

:rofl:

Jever
03-19-2007, 04:41 PM
Move
http://www.bimmerfest.com/photos/data/500/4501no.png

:D

BmW745On19's
03-19-2007, 04:43 PM
I thought about the song "Chicken Noodle Soup" when I saw this thread. :rofl:

Jever
03-19-2007, 04:52 PM
I thought about the song "Chicken Noodle Soup" when I saw this thread. :rofl:
Chicken Noodle soup with some gheyness on the side.

BmW745On19's
03-19-2007, 04:53 PM
Chicken Noodle soup with some gheyness on the side.

Perhaps a meat cleaver on the side?