PDA

View Full Version : Function ?

jrandtracy
03-18-2007, 02:35 PM
i've been trying for 2 days to try to get my voice command feature to work. boy is this frustrating. i dont have navigation however from the previous threads i read that you can still use the voice command feature for certain things. OK, so when i press the voice picture on the steering wheel and let go, all i hear is the BMW say "Function is" and thats all. i dont hear a beep or anything. i even tried to press the steeringwheel picture for the voice command for up to a minute while saying a command and nothing happens when i let go of the button..... except for the same voice saying "function is". is something wrong with my voice command feature?

izen2
03-18-2007, 03:36 PM
Reply with "HELP" that should give the list of available commands.

jrandtracy
03-18-2007, 04:46 PM
very weird. i tried saying "help" and nothing happened. when i pressed the voice command picture on the steering wheel while the engine was in key position 2, it finally said "funtion is currently not possible". prior to that the voice would usally only say "function". whats going on? it doesnt seem to wantto respond to ay of those commands including help.

JSpira
03-18-2007, 05:38 PM
Something is wrong.

When you press the Voice Command button, you should only get a beep.

You need to have something serviced here.

jrandtracy
03-18-2007, 05:47 PM
rather than take it to the dealership and the hssle of waiting, does anyone know which fuse i can pull t possibly reset the voice commad function?

mapezzul
03-18-2007, 06:20 PM
rather than take it to the dealership and the hssle of waiting, does anyone know which fuse i can pull t possibly reset the voice commad function?

What is that going to do? Everytime the iDrive reboots it is the same thing, like turning off your computer. It does not have a constant draw circuit. You either have a bad module or need a reflash.

Best of luck!:thumbup:

izen2
03-19-2007, 11:05 AM
What options do you have. If you don't have any it will not work. It will work if you use bluetooth with a cell phone.

merklebob
03-19-2007, 05:12 PM
if i recall right you need nav for the voive commands.

exis350
03-20-2007, 01:02 AM
if i recall right you need nav for the voive commands.

Wouldn't they omit the button if that's the case?

I hope you get it fixed!

TX535i
03-29-2007, 08:47 AM
you only need the nav to have voice commands for the rest of the car (changing radio stations, etc). Without nav, the voice commands still work for your phone, if you have a bluetooth phone. But I agree, something is wrong with yours. When you press the button, you should hear only a beep - nothing else.

ronqureshi
03-29-2007, 01:37 PM
Is it possible to get dealer to enable voice
commands for the CD, radio etc in non-NAV
2005 e60 530i. My phone coice commands are OK.
Thanks