PDA

View Full Version : My Performance Center Delivery and First Impressions

TCB
03-19-2007, 10:15 AM
We took delivery of our new '07 530i at the Performance Center on Friday. :D I've been looking forward to it for as long as I can remember! Without repeating all the details that have been posted before, let me just say that with the possible exception of ED, I can't think of a better way to pick up a new Bimmer. We were treated like VIP's the entire time: at the Marriott the night before, on the factory tour, and by the whole PC staff. Special thanks to Donnie and Larry for the great instruction on the track (and the hot lap in the M5 :thumbup: ) and Willie for taking two hours to go over every knob and button on our new car.

This is our first BMW, so here are some initial thoughts:

1. I LOVE this car!
2. Comfort Seats - Don't ask, just order them! I think it'll take a couple of weeks of tweaks and adjustments to get them just right, but they're already the best auto seats I've sat in.
3. iDrive - All the complaints are blown WAY out of proportion. My wife and I each messed around with it while the other was driving on the way home, and except for a couple of "Oops, I didn't mean to do that" moments, we've pretty much got it down.
4. Logic7 - Great sound system
5. Did I mention that I LOVE the car!

NASA43
03-19-2007, 10:21 AM
Congrats! Car looks great. It is a fantastic experience. I will take delivery there everytime for now on, even if I do ED. :thumbup:

stream
03-19-2007, 10:37 AM
Nice--congrats!

Jeremy - BMW
03-19-2007, 10:49 AM
looks great...definately a special way to take delivery. i wish everyone could experience it at least once.

chonko
03-19-2007, 11:17 AM
3. iDrive - All the complaints are blown WAY out of proportion. My wife and I each messed around with it while the other was driving on the way home, and except for a couple of "Oops, I didn't mean to do that" moments, we've pretty much got it down.

Congrats on the new Car. Nice colour if I may add.
You are absolutely correct about the iDrive- I believe it is blown out of proportion.
My wife also thinks it is very easy to use.
Enjoy the car...

kevinp
03-19-2007, 11:20 AM
Welcome to the club.

I have had mine since October 2006 and I still cant get enough of the car and the way it feels.

:thumbup:

shosan521
03-19-2007, 07:30 PM
Congratz on the 5'er!

jcatral14
03-21-2007, 06:21 PM
Congrats :thumbup: Yes they are rather special :)
I plan to combine ED and PCD next time :D

1994_RX-7_Tour
03-21-2007, 09:51 PM
[QUOTE=TCB;2245619]We took delivery of our new '07 530i at the Performance Center on Friday. :D I've been looking forward to it for as long as I can remember! Without repeating all the details that have been posted before, let me just say that with the possible exception of ED, I can't think of a better way to pick up a new Bimmer.

Great story & congrats! I planning on ordering for ED later this year - but might combine it with PCD for the total BMW experience! What were the highlights (and lowlights if any) of your PCD experience? I'd love to hear some details - haven't researched it much yet online.

PropellerHead
03-21-2007, 09:58 PM
Looks familiar!
http://my02.com/images/330/sunb.jpg

Another RiverCity member, here. Let me know if you want to join us this weekend. We're going to Zaino my X5 and mosport70's Perf Center Delivery 06 330Xi on Saturday. If you can't make it this weekend, there will be more chances as we cycle through the 540 and 330. It's a sickness. :D

okiemark
03-22-2007, 03:36 AM
We took delivery of our new '07 530i at the Performance Center on Friday. :D I've been looking forward to it for as long as I can remember! Without repeating all the details that have been posted before, let me just say that with the possible exception of ED, I can't think of a better way to pick up a new Bimmer. We were treated like VIP's the entire time: at the Marriott the night before, on the factory tour, and by the whole PC staff. Special thanks to Donnie and Larry for the great instruction on the track (and the hot lap in the M5 :thumbup: ) and Willie for taking two hours to go over every knob and button on our new car.

This is our first BMW, so here are some initial thoughts:

1. I LOVE this car!
2. Comfort Seats - Don't ask, just order them! I think it'll take a couple of weeks of tweaks and adjustments to get them just right, but they're already the best auto seats I've sat in.
4. Logic7 - Great sound system
5. Did I mention that I LOVE the car!

Beauty! Great pics :thumbup:

Have you ever driven anything else as responsive?

TCB
03-22-2007, 06:53 AM
Great story & congrats! I planning on ordering for ED later this year - but might combine it with PCD for the total BMW experience! What were the highlights (and lowlights if any) of your PCD experience? I'd love to hear some details - haven't researched it much yet online.

The driving instruction was definitely a highlight. It's a lot of fun getting to throw somebody else's BMW into a spin on the skidpad! NASA43 did a really detailed write up of his experience here (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192511), and my experience pretty much mirrored his. We got lucky in that the factory tours have recently reopened (for a while). Not getting to do that part would have been a 'lowlight', but PCD would still be many times beter than taking delivery at a local dealer.

TCB
03-22-2007, 06:56 AM
It's a sickness. :D

Definitely! I've gone through quite a bit of Quick Detailer already trying to get rid of the pollen!

PropellerHead
03-22-2007, 10:55 AM
Definitely! I've gone through quite a bit of Quick Detailer already trying to get rid of the pollen!We usually get together on the west side of G'town. One lives in C'ville and the other in Cordova. Come by any time!