PDA

View Full Version : thinking 335

coolynice
03-20-2007, 01:32 PM
I have been falling for the new 335I sport coupe and need your advice. I currently have a 530I which is fully loaded, don't have kids although I enjoy the room but I find the new 335I with the sports package a hottie. I had an 01 325I coupe fully loaded prior my current 06/530I, I had it for 4 yrs and loved it but I wanted the 5 so bad when they came out. What is your take on the looks and performance on the new 335I. My ideal 335I would have SP,CP,PP, nav and premium sound, which is what my 06/530i is loaded with. Something about the 2 doors, I just love.

Robert A
03-20-2007, 03:02 PM
Just consider whether you can live with the ride on the 335i. I found it a bit harsh with RFs and 18" wheels. I have a 530i/sport, which I ordered after driving a 335i.

Nevertheless, it is a sexy car, but if I downgraded, I'd probably given some thought to a 328i.

-Robert

I have been falling for the new 335I sport coupe and need your advice. I currently have a 530I which is fully loaded, don't have kids although I enjoy the room but I find the new 335I with the sports package a hottie. I had an 01 325I coupe fully loaded prior my current 06/530I, I had it for 4 yrs and loved it but I wanted the 5 so bad when they came out. What is your take on the looks and performance on the new 335I. My ideal 335I would have SP,CP,PP, nav and premium sound, which is what my 06/530i is loaded with. Something about the 2 doors, I just love.

oilbelcher
03-20-2007, 03:38 PM
Just consider whether you can live with the ride on the 335i. I found it a bit harsh with RFs and 18" wheels. I have a 530i/sport, which I ordered after driving a 335i.

Nevertheless, it is a sexy car, but if I downgraded, I'd probably given some thought to a 328i.

-Robert

Robert, in your opinion, how do you compare the 530i sport susp. vs the 335 sport susp.? Looks like I may be making the similar decision you are -- still want sport, but just a tad more comfortable for long highway cruises with the family

Robert A
03-20-2007, 04:21 PM
The 5 will always be smoother, even with the sport suspension and the RFs. Reportedly, however, they designed the 3 to work better with RFs. Still, the ride quality of the 335i was noticeably firmer.

You should take one out, and make sure you can drive it on the freeway. An earlier E90, the 330i, which I liked quite a lot, was a little too jumpy and didn't settle in quite so nice.

One thing the 5/sport has that's pure genius on BMW's part is ARS, which provides incredibly good cornering ability. It's not offered on the 3. That said, the steering feel on 5 is a bit vague now that all cars are standard with servotronic.

Still, you have to see what's right for you.

Robert, in your opinion, how do you compare the 530i sport susp. vs the 335 sport susp.? Looks like I may be making the similar decision you are -- still want sport, but just a tad more comfortable for long highway cruises with the family

merklebob
03-21-2007, 10:51 AM
you wont like it. the sport package ride on the 5 is great and going to a 3 series will disappoint you. go for the 535

Robert A
03-21-2007, 12:58 PM
I am curious if the 328i/sport rides better. I think it has 17" rims, which should improve things a bit.

BMWs have really developed a hard edge to them of late. Try driving a Boxter and you'll see what I mean. Compared to a 335i, the Boxter, which is a true sports car, has a much more refined ride.

you wont like it. the sport package ride on the 5 is great and going to a 3 series will disappoint you. go for the 535