PDA

View Full Version : 2008 535 - Ventelated seats have not been made, Ipod adapter not available ????

aficionado
03-22-2007, 02:39 PM
I got an email from a dealer saying the Ventilated seats have not been made, they are scheduled for later production and the Ipod adapter is not available as of yet.

What do you people think?

sdriver
03-22-2007, 03:42 PM
I think you wait...

Can't get a manual till September anyway right... :)

ks-man
03-22-2007, 03:52 PM
I got an email from a dealer saying the Ventilated seats have not been made, they are scheduled for later production and the Ipod adapter is not available as of yet.

Do you have an order placed or were you just inquiring about these options to a dealer? I've ordered a 535xi with the iPod adapter and haven't heard anything about it not being available.

Starab
03-22-2007, 03:59 PM

I ordered i-pod on my xi and my auto is on ship, expected to arrive at my dealer between april,2-4 with pickup between April 4-6th. He is not saying truth ?

Mac Daddy
03-22-2007, 06:03 PM
My 2008 550i is now "scheduled for production" with both ventilated seats and an iPod adaptor. Your dealer might be a little misinformed...

Kroozin
03-22-2007, 06:09 PM
I was called yesterday and told that my 535 is built and has been shipped. The only option they told me they couldn't get now was the Sport Transmission but other than that the rest (including the iPod/USB interface) is on it's way.

I haven't even heard of ventilated seats being available for the 535?

Mac Daddy
03-22-2007, 06:14 PM
I haven't even heard of ventilated seats being available for the 535?

Ventilated seats (with Nasca leather) are available on the 535 as a "Priority 1" option -- they are not in the brochure, but are listed on the order guide for the 2008 E60. Check the sticky at the top of the page. Anthracite Headliner is the other "Priority 1" option.

aficionado
03-22-2007, 07:03 PM
My 2008 550i is now "scheduled for production" with both ventilated seats and an iPod adaptor. Your dealer might be a little misinformed...

This is what I wanted to hear. Someone who has it ordered. Seems we might be giving these dealers a lesson in 2008 models.

It's just one dealer I'm emailing who said this.

He just informed me that the IPod is available, so I'm thinking he is not totally informed yet. But I had to check with the experts at BIMMERFEST to make sure.

:thumbup:

1994_RX-7_Tour
03-22-2007, 08:07 PM
Ventilated seats (with Nasca leather) are available on the 535 as a "Priority 1" option -- they are not in the brochure, but are listed on the order guide for the 2008 E60. Check the sticky at the top of the page. Anthracite Headliner is the other "Priority 1" option.

I see you have the MY08 550i ordered with Sport package and Nasca leather. I have 3 quick questions:

1) Is the Nasca leather seat (Priority 1 option) a higher quality leather than the Dakota leather that comes standard with the 550i?

2) Is the 20-way (awesome) adjustable seat which comes with the Sport Package still the same regardless of which leather (Nasca or Dakota)?

3) How much extra (if any) does the Nasca seat cost?

Thanks!

Mac Daddy
03-23-2007, 05:24 AM
I see you have the MY08 550i ordered with Sport package and Nasca leather. I have 3 quick questions:

1) Is the Nasca leather seat (Priority 1 option) a higher quality leather than the Dakota leather that comes standard with the 550i?

2) Is the 20-way (awesome) adjustable seat which comes with the Sport Package still the same regardless of which leather (Nasca or Dakota)?

3) How much extra (if any) does the Nasca seat cost?

Thanks!

1) Nasca is different -- it has perforations which are of course necessary for the seat to be ventilated, and it is a little softer than the Dakota leather. I like it better. :thumbup:

2) The comfort seats are exactly the same regardless of the type of leather.

3) Pretty pricey. To get ventilated seats you must get Nasca leather, and I believe you CAN'T get Nasca without getting ventilated seats (if I read the order guide correctly). I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I think the Nasca retails for $1850, and the wholesale price is $1685. Ventilated seats are retail $1025 and wholesale $935 or so. You do get heated front seats thrown in with all of this, but you're looking at almost 3 grand retail for the vented seats! :yikes:

I went for the vented seats because I am getting a black car, live in a place with hot, long summers, and with the details of my deal (lease, fixed amount over invoice) the incremental cost is actually not that much.

aficionado
03-23-2007, 01:48 PM
Mac Daddy:

This one dealer, out of 4, is figuring it out.

You mentioned the heated seats in your response.

Can we surmise that by ordering Vent. seats we also get the heated seats and do not have to order the heated seats?
This would make sense because the heated seats are $500 and the Vent. are $1000, so instead of saying you have to order both for $500 a peice they just say $1000 for the Vent. and you get the heated.

gweiden
03-23-2007, 02:52 PM
It's also important to note that the ventilated seats (Nasca leather) only come in two colors: Black and Cream. Also, cannot get paddle shifters on xi models.:bawling:

Mac Daddy
03-23-2007, 05:56 PM
Mac Daddy:

This one dealer, out of 4, is figuring it out.

You mentioned the heated seats in your response.

Can we surmise that by ordering Vent. seats we also get the heated seats and do not have to order the heated seats?

Yes. Heated seats are included when you order ventilated seats, at no extra charge. Adrian just confirmed this for me. So it is about $1000 for both, but of course that doesn't include the required Nasca. :)

Mac Daddy
03-23-2007, 06:00 PM
Here are the actual numbers off of my order:

Nasca Leather (option code U6SW): MSRP $1850 / invoice $1685

Ventilated Seats (option code 453) MSRP $1025 / invoice $935

Guess I was pretty close! ;)

Kroozin
03-23-2007, 06:05 PM

It's amazing what you can learn on the internet! Thanks for the info...

After looking at the price to get them they're a bit more than I would have wanted to pay anyway but it's still interesting that my dealer didn't mention this as an option (probably because they didn't know about this option either!).

jschulman
03-23-2007, 07:40 PM
It's also important to note that the ventilated seats (Nasca leather) only come in two colors: Black and Cream. Also, cannot get paddle shifters on xi models.:bawling:

According to the leather codes, and cross-referencing them with the same seats on a 7 series, the 5 does not get cream, but dark beige. I saw it about a month ago, and from what I recall it looks yellow.

NVJeff
03-26-2007, 08:44 PM
The ventilated seats and iPod adapter are available now when you order the 550. I have received notice that my car is built and enroute and those items were ordered...

M550
03-26-2007, 10:55 PM

My car has already been "produced". It's supposed to have an iPod adaptor and I haven't heard otherwise.

aficionado
03-28-2007, 05:14 PM
I have an update on the Vent. Seats.

My dealer says that in 07, when he put in Priority 1 Vent seats it would say that Heated seats are included, which is why he gave me the quote that he gave me.

Now, he says that when doing an 08 Vent Seats (this is his first one), it doesn't say the Heated Seats are included but adds Heated Seats as the $455 option, he says he can't get around this. We split the cost, so I said OK, I'm not killing the deal on $250.

Anyway,

I'm tending to believe him and the other dealer who said the samething. And I'm thinking that the people who got the Vent. seat without having to buy the Heated Seats, (because they were included), got that from a carry over from 07. Now that the system is updated, you have to buy the heated seats.

That is the way I'm seeing it.

Or buy the Cold Weather package of course.

Stump
04-26-2007, 06:40 AM
Anyone have an update to this thread. The ordering sheet does say on option 453 - fr. ventil. seats (heated fr.seats incl.) and the price given earlier was $1025. Also option 453 must be ordered withZPP (premium pkg) and U6xx (Nasca Leather; for an additional $1,850 per earlier in the thread). My question is; when combined with the ZCW (cold weather package as I wnat both the heated steering wheel and headlight cleaning system which I don't see as separate options) why is there not a $500 retail credit for either the ZCW or 453 when ordered together. Both include the same 494 Heated Seat option and thus you're essentially charged twice? right? Thanks

aficionado
04-26-2007, 09:32 AM
Anyone have an update to this thread. The ordering sheet does say on option 453 - fr. ventil. seats (heated fr.seats incl.) and the price given earlier was $1025. Also option 453 must be ordered withZPP (premium pkg) and U6xx (Nasca Leather; for an additional $1,850 per earlier in the thread). My question is; when combined with the ZCW (cold weather package as I wnat both the heated steering wheel and headlight cleaning system which I don't see as separate options) why is there not a $500 retail credit for either the ZCW or 453 when ordered together. Both include the same 494 Heated Seat option and thus you're essentially charged twice? right? Thanks

There is another thread about this, but the bottom line is; when the dealers started entering Vent. seats, the system made them order heated seats for $500. In 2007 the heated seats were included in the Vent. seats price. In 2008, heated seats are not included, you have to get them or the Cold Weather package, and pay for it.

Mac Daddy
04-26-2007, 09:37 AM
aficionado is exactly right. We were all mistaken about this earlier -- based on 2007. It is different for 2008, and my post above is wrong:

Yes. Heated seats are included when you order ventilated seats, at no extra charge. Adrian just confirmed this for me. So it is about $1000 for both, but of course that doesn't include the required Nasca. :)

ChrisDressler
04-26-2007, 10:21 AM
+1 on the iPod Adapter here too... Just got word my car is heading to the port of exit to be loaded on a ship--Finally!!! And I have the iPod Adapter as an option. :rofl: :rofl:

Stump
04-26-2007, 02:46 PM
aficionado is exactly right. We were all mistaken about this earlier -- based on 2007. It is different for 2008, and my post above is wrong:

Then the ordering sheet I received from my dealer must be wrong as my quotes above are what the sheet reads; the heated seats (494) are included with both the ordering of 453 and as part of the ZCW; but the price on the 453 is still TBD on the sheet I was furnished. I've attached the file. So MacDaddy, your comment of "Heated seats are included when you order ventilated seats, at no extra charge. Adrian just confirmed this for me. So it is about $1000 for both" still doesn't make sense to me being $1,000 for both when you've already paid for them (heated seats) as part of the Cold Weather Package.

Mac Daddy
04-26-2007, 05:54 PM
Then the ordering sheet I received from my dealer must be wrong as my quotes above are what the sheet reads; the heated seats (494) are included with both the ordering of 453 and as part of the ZCW; but the price on the 453 is still TBD on the sheet I was furnished. I've attached the file. So MacDaddy, your comment of "Heated seats are included when you order ventilated seats, at no extra charge. Adrian just confirmed this for me. So it is about $1000 for both" still doesn't make sense to me being $1,000 for both when you've already paid for them (heated seats) as part of the Cold Weather Package.

Heated seats are of course included with ZCW, but they are required but not included with ventilated seats (453). This is new for 2008.

My original plan was to get the Nasca/ventilated seats but NOT get ZCW. When we tried to enter the order that way, it also charged me for heated seats (494). I then decided to get the whole ZCW for just a few $ more.

Make sense now? ;)

citygirl
04-26-2007, 06:20 PM
I can confirm that the IPod adapter is available because I have one in my 535xiT that I took delivery on last Saturday!

lbdb1a
04-26-2007, 07:22 PM
We picked up our "08" 535i today with the Black Nasca Vent Seats. They work great here in North Florida.

jschulman
04-26-2007, 08:19 PM
We picked up our "08" 535i today with the Black Nasca Vent Seats. They work great here in North Florida.

Can you post any pictures of the seats? I also ordered black nasca vent seats.

lbdb1a
04-28-2007, 07:56 AM
Here are a couple of pictures. Larry

ChrisDressler
04-28-2007, 08:01 AM
Very nice! Those look great!

jschulman
04-28-2007, 03:36 PM
Here are a couple of pictures. Larry

Very nice, I am very glad I decided to go with the black seats. Did you also get the anthracite headliner?

lbdb1a
04-28-2007, 07:52 PM
No i stayed with the medium Gray headliner for a little contrast. I took more pictures today to try and give you a better idea of the colors etc. Larry

jschulman
04-28-2007, 09:38 PM
No i stayed with the medium Gray headliner for a little contrast. I took more pictures today to try and give you a better idea of the colors etc. Larry

Very nice. Is that dark poplar or light poplar? The grey should be a nice contrast with the black interior. I ordered the anthractite headliner, but may want to consider the standard grey.

doug_999
04-29-2007, 06:23 AM
If you are NOT living in Arizona, then I strongly recommend you get the Cold Weather Package instead of the heated seats when ordering the ventilated seats. The heated steering wheel that comes with the Cold Weather Package is one of the best features of the car.

lbdb1a
04-29-2007, 09:45 AM
The dash is the Dark Poplar Wood. Living here in Florida i didn`t need the Cold Weather Package but the dealer gave me the Heated Front Seats at no cost as part of our deal. Larry

jschulman
04-29-2007, 11:21 AM
The dash is the Dark Poplar Wood. Living here in Florida i didn`t need the Cold Weather Package but the dealer gave me the Heated Front Seats at no cost as part of our deal. Larry

I would have dropped the CWP altogether as I really don't think I need heated seats in Las Vegas, but with the 2008 model year, heated seats are required. There was about a $200 difference between CWP and the heated seats so I decided to spent the extra money. the rear seat passengers on the other hand can freeze. :)

aficionado
04-29-2007, 06:59 PM

Is that Gray Leather? or Black?

aficionado
04-29-2007, 10:28 PM
Is that Gray Leather? or Black?

OK, I see you said you have Black.

I'm wondering why you would then have a gray headliner. According to the online Brochure, Black leather upholstery comes wiht Black interior color.

I assumed they were talking about the entire interior, including the headliner. Why would it say the interior is black if half the interior is NOT black?

I must say, this kind of sucks.

lbdb1a
04-30-2007, 10:00 AM
Here are pictures of the standard grey headliner with the Black Nasca Leather Seats. If you want all black you will have to order the Anthracite Headliner option. Of course with the flash pictures the colors are a little lighter ie: the grey headliner is really a little darker grey and the seats are what i consider a Dark Charcoal instead of Jet Black. Hope this helps....Larry

jablankenship
05-01-2007, 06:52 PM
I got my 535i with beige ventilated seats. Heated was extra. The seats are awesome and beautiful!! Got the iPod adaptor but it does not function correctly. Dealer said they have had other compliants and are contacting Germany regarding the issue. No playlists show up and when you get down to the music files they show up as axbw, eced, fabc, etc. You cannot tell what your are choosing to play. If anyone has similar issue and resolution please post. Thanks.

RMK
05-01-2007, 08:09 PM
I have a 550i for ED on May 31st. I picked up the iPod (6FL) connecting cable last weekend from my dealer for use in Europe. All I needed was my VIN#.