PDA

View Full Version : Planning on Leasing a 08 535xi

MSGHockey
03-24-2007, 09:06 AM
I am planning on going to my local bmw steelership within the week, and order a bmw 535xi.

I looked at all the "confidential price" lists and all of that. I am pretty sure I can get the car at about $1,000 above invoice.

What I want to get in the Car (Invoice prices)

535xi- $47,470
Sport Package - 1,185
Premium - $1,910
Cold Weather - $685
Steptronic Transmission - N/C
PDC - $635
Lane deviation warning - $455
Navi - $1730

+ 1000 above invoice

The Price of The Car should be around $55,070 including destination

Can anyone help me out with an estimated lease, with no money down except for first months payment.

-Lawrence

doug_999
03-24-2007, 09:23 AM
I'm not doubting your negotiation skills but the 535 is going to be a hot car out of the block. I don't think you will be able to get $1K over invoice. Here in Chicago, they won't even talk invoice, they talk dollars off of MSRP. But if you do get the deal, then let us know - we do hope you will (seriously).

I'm not sure how NY sales tax works, but here in IL you must pay sales tax on the full purchase price of the car, so you do something like this
1. Get the MSRP of your car
2. Figure 58-60***37; as a residual on a 3 year 12K/year lease - subtract 2% for the 15K option (residuals will be LOWER at the beginning of the model run BTW)
3. Calculate your Price of car + Tax + Title/License+ BMW Lease Initiation Fee (I forget what BMW calls it) - Down Payment
Go here
Go here: http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm
Enter the MSRP (from #1 above)
Enter the Base Cap Cost (from #3 above)
Enter $0 for additional costs in your lease
Enter $0 for Cap Cost Reductions
Enter 58% for the residual
Use 7.9% for the Interest rate (guessing here, but you won't see any good money factors for a while)
Enter 36 months
Enter 0% for sales tax (once again, this is for IL, not sure about NY)
and on a $60K car that you get for $55K with no money down, I'm coming up with about $1,011.89 per month.

Ouch.

krash
03-24-2007, 09:30 AM
I'm not doubting your negotiation skills but the 535 is going to be a hot car out of the block. I don't think you will be able to get $1K over invoice. Here in Chicago, they won't even talk invoice, they talk dollars off of MSRP. But if you do get the deal, then let us know - we do hope you will (seriously).

I'm not sure how NY sales tax works, but here in IL you must pay sales tax on the full purchase price of the car, so you do something like this
1. Get the MSRP of your car
2. Figure 58-60% as a residual on a 3 year 12K/year lease - subtract 2% for the 15K option (residuals will be LOWER at the beginning of the model run BTW)
3. Calculate your Price of car + Tax + Title/License+ BMW Lease Initiation Fee (I forget what BMW calls it) - Down Payment
Go here
Go here: http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm
Enter the MSRP (from #1 above)
Enter the Base Cap Cost (from #3 above)
Enter $0 for additional costs in your lease
Enter $0 for Cap Cost Reductions
Enter 58% for the residual
Use 7.9% for the Interest rate (guessing here, but you won't see any good money factors for a while)
Enter 36 months
Enter 0% for sales tax (once again, this is for IL, not sure about NY)
and on a $60K car that you get for $55K with no money down, I'm coming up with about $1,011.89 per month.

Ouch.

You could get a 550i cheaper than that.

By the way, I do agree with just about everything you said.

But I just can't see the monthly payments being that high...

Customers will flock to Infiniti dealers in bunches...

sundstrom
03-24-2007, 09:52 AM
lease deals out of the gate will not be good as the car is not going to launch with any type of program. most dealers i've spoken with expect base rates (.00320). I would also be shocked to see anyone get $1000 over invoice on a special ordered NEW car. there is simply no reason for the dealer to do this. i agree with the previous poster that I hope you can get this, but i would say its not likely.

if you're getting an 08 535xi in the first two months of release, be prepared for a monthly payment (assuming no money down) of $875-$950.

doug_999
03-24-2007, 01:18 PM
You could get a 550i cheaper than that.

By the way, I do agree with just about everything you said.

But I just can't see the monthly payments being that high...

Customers will flock to Infiniti dealers in bunches...

An 07 550 for sure. As noted, I used our silly sales tax method here in IL - where you pay sales tax on the full amount of the car - not the lease payment. In this example this added almost $4K to the total that you need to pay off.

ks-man
03-24-2007, 04:20 PM
I'd have to be one more person agreeing that you won't be able to get $1000 over invoice. Dealers only have a set allotment of cars they can sell each month and they'll be looking for a much bigger markup on a brand new car that hasn't even come out yet (I believe you were talking about ordering one).

I was able to get $3,000 over invoice and that was by far the best deal I could find. One dealer wanted me to pay sticker price. Good luck.