PDA

View Full Version : First day with the X3

03-24-2007, 05:58 PM
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Picked up my x3 this morning, finally!!!! Jet black, Terra, HID, Sports, PDC and P-Glass. It looked so sparkling new at the lot, its scary, oh wait, it IS new!!!!!

It took around 1/2 hour to get used to the way it drives. The pedals, steering, suspension & ride felt very soft at first but its getting better. I know, I shouldn't be complaining about BMW handling especially after I ordered the sports pac, but it doesn't come close to my Prelude, and it just turned 8 years old this month!!! I know, one is a "sports" car and one is a SAV, and I shouldn't compare them.

I am just concerned at this point when the first ding or scratch or whatever is going to happen to it....... :cry: It looked so new, like a virgin! I just love new cars!!!!!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

SFX3
03-24-2007, 11:12 PM
Prelude to an X3? lol. Welcome to your BMW. You will quickly appreciate the ride, drive, and power of a 6 over the go kart feel of your old 4 banger. Congrats. Post some pics.

d-rive
03-25-2007, 12:24 AM
Congrats for your new car ;) we want photos :)

03-25-2007, 04:30 AM
The picts will come, the wife took the camera on a trip.

As far as I can tell, the build quality is A+++, everything is perfect! I only wish the terra leather to feel a bit more expensive.

tommydogsdad
03-25-2007, 04:42 AM
SWEET! I can't wait to see the pics of that color combo!:thumbup:

d-rive
03-25-2007, 04:47 AM
I think the leader is not very fine/smooth because is very resistant.
I wait you photos ;)

MMME30W
03-25-2007, 05:22 AM
Kewl! Sounds like a nice combo...

cbj
03-25-2007, 07:17 AM
Congratulation - picked up mine a week ago and I am still getting used to drive train and suspension. With D, SD and manual shift there is a lot to test out.

AzNMpower32
03-25-2007, 07:54 AM
As far as I can tell, the build quality is A+++, everything is perfect! I only wish the terra leather to feel a bit more expensive.
Congrats on the purchase!! Thing with the leather........I don't know if this is your first BMW, but most BMWs have tougher, rougher leather than other luxo brands like Lexus......and for a good reason. I don't really like the super-fine grain types because wear marks show up really easily. Whereas with BMW, sure the hides are rougher, but when taken care of properly, you can still have the interior looks like mine after 39,000 miles and 2 and a half years. (oh and be careful to try and not smush the driver's side bolster.......)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/AzN1MpOrT2nR/my%20X3/CIMG2798.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/AzN1MpOrT2nR/my%20X3/CIMG2797.jpg

jman103099
03-25-2007, 02:50 PM
AzNMpower - what do you use on your leather? It looks great! :thumbup: There are soooo many cleaners/protectants out there!

AzNMpower32
03-25-2007, 03:09 PM
AzNMpower - what do you use on your leather? It looks great! :thumbup: There are soooo many cleaners/protectants out there!
Never thought you'd ask! (lol) I use the BMW leather conditioner at least once a month or after any really long road trip.