PDA

View Full Version : Newbie need help

530_nz
03-26-2007, 12:10 AM
Hi all, just got my '03 530 for two days, and there are a couple of things I need help with.

On my E39 whenever a door is left opened and the car is started and driven off there'll be visual confirmation on the dash and a gong sound. But on this E60, should it does the same? Because it doesn't and I can't find any mention to this on the manual.

On the lower part of dash where he gear you've selected is shown, on Saturday there is a symbol ! in a triangle shown, then disappeared again. What is this?

Thank you for your help, much appreciated.

shosan521
03-26-2007, 05:17 AM
Not exactly sure what you are talking about with the doors...

But the triangle you speak of is the traction controll system. It normally lights up when the car is started then turns off. You can also turn it off manually, I believe it's a bottom on the center counsoul at the very bottom right above the worthless cup holders in your car. When the light is on solid, it means that the traction controll system (which BMW calls dynamic stability control, or DSC) is off. When it comes one while driving say in heavy rain or snow and is blinking that means it doing something right then and there to in theroy help prevent you from crashing.