PDA

View Full Version : when can I get my first oil change? and shock absorber recall?

PokerVirus
03-26-2007, 04:50 PM
2007 525I with 16K miles, but haven't have an oil change yet. Brought in to the dealer, and they refused to do my oil change. They said it can still run another 3K, wtf? the guy repeatedly said "no"...the timing of oil change is dependent upon your driving conditions...i told him, it's freaking 16K already, and i wanted my first oil change...still said "no"...wtf....my car acceleration slows down a little (maybe alot)....is it true that u have to go with the indicator in your car or bmw doesn't want to give you a free oil change. I told the CA that the manual states that i need to change oil every freaking 15K, he said "no"...it depends on your driving conditions. does anybody knows a good CA in DC area or northern VA. And it took forever just to get my recall done (shock absorber). is anyone else here have that waiting period for the shock absorber?

GolferEngineer
03-26-2007, 06:26 PM
I paid for my own oil and filter change at about 8K. My brother the master mechanic recommended it as did (off the record) the head mechanic at my dealer. It is cheap insurance because I don't want wear-related engine problems after the warranty!

I had the shock recall done last year but they had to inspect the shocks for green dots or some other indication before they would replace them. I know the rear shock change shouldn't have anything to do with front end alignment, but after the recall my car drifted left and took two trips back to get it corrected - I wasn't happy with the "final" solution of swapping front and rear tires!:rolleyes:

jcl10
03-26-2007, 08:26 PM
2007 525I with 16K miles, but haven't have an oil change yet. Brought in to the dealer, and they refused to do my oil change. They said it can still run another 3K, wtf? the guy repeatedly said "no"...the timing of oil change is dependent upon your driving conditions...i told him, it's freaking 16K already, and i wanted my first oil change...still said "no"...wtf....my car acceleration slows down a little (maybe alot)....is it true that u have to go with the indicator in your car or bmw doesn't want to give you a free oil change. I told the CA that the manual states that i need to change oil every freaking 15K, he said "no"...it depends on your driving conditions. does anybody knows a good CA in DC area or northern VA. And it took forever just to get my recall done (shock absorber). is anyone else here have that waiting period for the shock absorber?

Officially, the free oil change is only when the countdown in the vehicle shows it is required. There are recommendations in the manual for either annual oil changes, or every second year, but my manuals (325, X5, Z4) all are very clear that annual or early oil changes are at the owner's expense. Some dealers will do them and not charge, others won't. You may find a dealer in your area who will do an early oil change, but don't count on it. If you feel strongly, you can pay for it and have it done any time.

Your car's acceleration has absolutely nothing to do with the oil change interval.

BTW, if you had bought a new Porsche it would be 20,000 miles. Don't sweat it, but if it keeps you awake just pay for an early oil change. You can get a paid for oil change in another 3000 miles.

izen2
03-27-2007, 12:44 PM
The manual for the 2006 530I (pages 2 & 4) state that you are entiteled to an annual oil change under the service program. In fact I had it done without charge.

doug_999
03-28-2007, 01:53 PM
The manual for the 2006 530I (pages 2 & 4) state that you are entiteled to an annual oil change under the service program. In fact I had it done without charge.

+1

Had mine done at 1 year and 1 day - 6K on the clock.

NASA43
03-28-2007, 08:40 PM

Does in 2007 as well. In fact, the wording is in bold to make sure you see it.
Note: Change oil at least once a year.

DeLaSalle
03-28-2007, 09:00 PM

Bull****>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Where do these Morons come from??:mad: