BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

New shifter

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  stika 
#1 · (Edited)
Finally got around to installing a new shifter. It's actually the lever that comes in the e60 545i (#25117521444). It's also, from what I've been told, is the same shifter that Dinan sells as their SSK. Got it from Pelican Parts for $63. Direct fit with no additional modifications. Works great! Shifts are much more crisp than stock. Effort is very close to stock. Very cost effective and worth while mod. New one is on the bottom. Also threw in a few old pics I found on the camera.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
Thank you nicegsxr. If you look in the first post you see that the levers are actually the same size. What makes it look shorter in height, is the shift knob. The new knob is considerably shorter than the stock one by about an 1" or more. Plus the leather of the boot is still new and stiffer than the old one so it sticks up more. I since rolled it up so the silver isn't showing. Now it looks even shorter.

Check out what one of our other brothers did:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.