PDA

View Full Version : Question about Progman upgrade...

jasonrhcastle
03-26-2007, 06:24 PM
I am getting my iDrive updated Friday here in Cincinnati due to a couple of issues. When they do this, will it:

1). Upgrade to version 25?
2). Add iPod functionality natively without asking for it?

Thanks!!!

Jason

chuck92103
03-26-2007, 06:28 PM
I would wait. PROGMAN 25.0 breaks real time traffic. You need a later version. 25.02 I think.

I would never get an iDrive update that ended in zero. :tsk:

Multiple issues will come up that will get fixed over the next few months.

Make sure of the version your dealer is giving you.

jasonrhcastle
03-27-2007, 04:46 AM
Thanks Chuck. That was the other question I forgot to ask. I had read that one of the new Progman versions would bring in RTTI to pre-Sept models (mine was built late August). I will talk to the dealer today and find out. I will post the info here when I get it.

ExGMan
03-27-2007, 07:15 AM
Thanks Chuck. That was the other question I forgot to ask. I had read that one of the new Progman versions would bring in RTTI to pre-Sept models (mine was built late August). I will talk to the dealer today and find out. I will post the info here when I get it.
Jason - My research/discussions, etc. indicates that RTTI consists of software and hardware changes...that is, it can't be implemented alone by software. JSpira (on this board) indicates that BMW is considering a retrofit for those of us who don't have it in 2007 E60s. He said that the possibililty is that it will be implemented by summer, but at what cost is unknown. I also have a August 2006 build 530xi, and expected it would be in the car when I got it, but it was not.:mad: