PDA

View Full Version : Question about the phone

nycdoctor
03-27-2007, 04:31 PM
On the steering wheel there is button and when I push it...it talk about contacting your cellphone provider...verzion...i have Cingular. And then I see the phonebook. How do i go about connect my phone provider with the phone in the car

Richard in NC
03-27-2007, 04:56 PM
The phone may be trying to dial without a valid number. I'm not sure what is going on but here are the steps you need to make it work. I don't know how much you already know or have done....
1. First determine if your X3 is bluetooth equiped. I believe on '06 models it came with the Premium package. I don't know about '07 or other years.
2. Make sure your phone is bluetooth equiped. Check the bmwusa.com web site in their features/accessory areas to see which phones are known to be compatible. Others may work even if not on the list.
3. Do you have numbers and names programmed in your phone?
4. Synchronize your phone with the car. This can be tricky but there are instructions (and a code number that is needed) in a car with the owners manual. You also need to reference bluetooth procedures in your phone's manual. This only needs to be done once. The phone book is automatically read in each time you get back in the car.

Now to use it:
1. Press the R/T button on the steering wheel. The first name in your phone's adress book should show up in the radio display (or Nav if so equiped).
2. Use the search up/down buttons on the wheel to find who you want to call.
3. NOW press the "talk" button. It will dial that number.

nycdoctor
03-28-2007, 05:36 PM
I have a 2004 X3.....So I guess i have to go to BMW site
My phone has bluetooth...but the car ..i am not sure

judybe83
03-28-2007, 06:51 PM
do a bluetooth search here and OTHER X3 forums for more 04 bluetooth/X3 info :cry:

here's a couple of links to get you started :thumbup:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78950&highlight=bluetooth

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/search.php?searchid=3144666&pp=25&page=6

ab