PDA

View Full Version : Xenon question.

Patrick
12-23-2001, 12:54 AM
I just bought my car - a '01 320d Touring - and it does not have Xenon headlights.

I was reading through the owner's manual yesterday and it says that all BMW Xenon headlights are auto-levelling.

So my question is: are the Xenon headlights the same in Europe as in the US?

I would like to retrofit Xenons to my 320, but ordering them from my dealer here is cost prohibitive ($2000 installed). I think that they would be considerably cheaper to buy them from the US - if they would work on my Euro-spec car.

Any advice or comments would be appreciated!

:confused:

Alex Baumann
12-23-2001, 06:23 AM
Hi Patrick,

Did you consider get in touch with BMW Germany? I've just checked the BMW accessory catalog. Xenons costs about EUR 1300,- (incl. headlight washers)

Welcome Aboard.

Alex

Patrick
12-23-2001, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by Alex Baumann
Hi Patrick,

Did you consider get in touch with BMW Germany? I've just checked the BMW accessory catalog. Xenons costs about EUR 1300,- (incl. headlight washers)

Welcome Aboard.

Alex

Thanks Alex.

I have checked the prices from United Motors BMW in Estonia, and the price is about the same (1350). A lot cheaper than here in Finland!

I will check through BMW.de and see what I can find.

Bekkers has the aftermarket Xenons for a lot less, but I have no idea if they will work on our European cars.

Anyway, thanks for the tip!

Patrick

Alex Baumann
12-23-2001, 06:45 AM
I would go with the OEM Xenons so that you don't get trouble with your warranty if things go wrong.

Alex

ashecnc
12-23-2001, 09:10 AM
Yes go with OEM BMW, I tried the Bekker road and almost ruined myself and my car. BMW know knows that I did this because I had a problem with my car after that. I almost had a MAJOR problem!!!!!