PDA

View Full Version : Advice/Feedback


newbimmer
03-29-2007, 09:47 AM
Looking for some advice/feedback regarding upgrading to 2008 535xi. I am toying with the idea of trading in my 2006 530xi for a 2008 535xi. I have 23K (highway only) miles on the trade. The dealer has agreed to hold my trade value at $39K for the lead time to get the new one but I am getting pricing around $59K (1.5% off) on the new car initially.

I am in the NY area has anyone recieved pricing in NY for the 2008 530xi? What precent off of MSRP are you finding?

I indicated my displeasure with the current offer on the new vehicle especially as I am a returning customer. I am specing the same vehicle as I have now with the addition of the iPod adapter as the only difference. (e.g. Premium Package, Sport Package, Premium Sound, Navigation, Satelite Radio and Cold Weather Package)

Any thoughts? Should I just say thanks and hold off until a later time? I have used the pricing sheets posted here and worked up the numbers but would have expected some more favorability.

:confused:

SSbear44
03-29-2007, 10:01 AM
I would imagine the 2008 models won't have too much play room yet, but try shopping it around to different dealers in your area. The advatage in returning to the same dealer is supposed to be favorable pricing, but if you aren't getting that, no need for loyalty on your part. I used a guy at Rallye BMW in Westbury LI, George Javier, who gave me a good deal on an 07 550i. Best advice, shop it around.

newbimmer
03-29-2007, 10:15 AM
I would imagine the 2008 models won't have too much play room yet, but try shopping it around to different dealers in your area. The advatage in returning to the same dealer is supposed to be favorable pricing, but if you aren't getting that, no need for loyalty on your part. I used a guy at Rallye BMW in Westbury LI, George Javier, who gave me a good deal on an 07 550i. Best advice, shop it around.

I was planning to shop anyway but, you are probably right regarding 2008 as that was my initial thought.

ks-man
03-29-2007, 11:29 AM
To me, the big question is how much value will your 2006 lose vs. how much the 2008 price will come down. I don't think the 535 will be a huge difference in driving experience to what you have now. Rather than trying to figure out how much the 535 will come down, I would search out other quotes on your 530. See how good of a price you are getting on your 530. Also find out how much it would change if you had an extra 5000 miles on it (assuming 6 months driving).

What you could also try and do is list it privately for a few months for an extra few thousand. If you sell it than you can feel comfortable buying the 2008 even if you aren't getting as good of a price since you are making more on the back end. Just my thoughts.

newbimmer
03-29-2007, 11:54 AM
To me, the big question is how much value will your 2006 lose vs. how much the 2008 price will come down. I don't think the 535 will be a huge difference in driving experience to what you have now. Rather than trying to figure out how much the 535 will come down, I would search out other quotes on your 530. See how good of a price you are getting on your 530. Also find out how much it would change if you had an extra 5000 miles on it (assuming 6 months driving).

What you could also try and do is list it privately for a few months for an extra few thousand. If you sell it than you can feel comfortable buying the 2008 even if you aren't getting as good of a price since you are making more on the back end. Just my thoughts.

Thanks some interesting thoughts. I am currently getting KBB Excellent condition price committment from them on the 2006.