PDA

View Full Version : Cal. Water Blade Review

ict330xi
01-29-2002, 08:25 PM
Just recieved my CWB and got to use it tonite after my car melted from the 1" sheet of ice that stuck to it this evening. This is truly the best thing since sliced bread! My car was freshly washed and waxed 3 days ago and now we have this big ice storm. I waited patiently for the ice to melt in the garage and when it finally did, the CWB took off more than 95.9% of the water. The glass looks great. Had to use the Absorber in a few places like around the front bumper and rear bumper and mirrors. But it sure beats using only the Absorber or a reg. chamois and having to wring the blasted thing out and freeze your hands out. Took less than 5 minutes and my car will be the only clean car on the road tomorrow-well for 1 block anyway. I was especially impressed with not having to go back over the windows with a towel.

johnlew
01-29-2002, 08:29 PM
I'd be careful to use the blade only on a clean freshly washed car. You don't want any dirt or grit moving along with the blade.:tsk:

Magna
01-29-2002, 08:53 PM
that's great to hear, because i am thinking buying it.

Guest84
01-30-2002, 06:47 AM
Agree with John, snow could carry particals of dirt that could scratch your finish, but alas, we're anal about our cars finish!

http://home.earthlink.net/~ripsnort/BMW/products.jpg

ict330xi
01-30-2002, 07:07 AM
I am anal as well, but this was just 99.9% pure frozen rain, and the car was spotless underneath, I was really careful to look @ the blade to make sure I wasnt getting any dirt!!! I too am anal. The kind that after its clean, I go to the gargage at least 5 time an evening just to peek @ it!\

Dang, Rip, that is more stuff than my wife has in her cosmetics shelf! Very impressive!!!

johnlew
01-30-2002, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by ict330xi
I am anal as well, but this was just 99.9% pure frozen rain, and the car was spotless underneath, I was really careful to look @ the blade to make sure I wasnt getting any dirt!!! I too am anal. The kind that after its clean, I go to the gargage at least 5 time an evening just to peek @ it!

Well, I guess you're forgiven :thumb:

Guest84
01-30-2002, 07:20 AM

Dang, Rip, that is more stuff than my wife has in her cosmetics shelf! Very impressive!!!

It's DOUBLED in size since that pic was taken, I have the P21S stuff, plus gallons of Griots Wheel cleaner and Vinyl cleaner now! Hehe!

Guest84
01-30-2002, 07:21 AM
The kind that after its clean, I go to the gargage at least 5 time an evening just to peek @ it!\

Good to know I'm not the only one! :D

Dr. Phil
01-30-2002, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Ripsnort

It's DOUBLED in size since that pic was taken, I have the P21S stuff, plus gallons of Griots Wheel cleaner and Vinyl cleaner now! Hehe!
Rip you better be careful or we'll need to refer you to Alee's doctor for some Prozac:eek: . But I guess you never can have enough cleaning products.:thumb:

ism409
01-30-2002, 09:35 AM
hehe nice selction of cleaning products rip..
That picture is like a griots advertisement. :thumb:

ict330xi
01-30-2002, 12:35 PM
Rip, the pic of the cleaning products are starting to inspire me. It looks arranged alot like a shrine, hmmm, I think I will build mine this afternoon. Since the weather is so crappy (ice and snow) we cancelled all of our patients today, (most of them called and said they werent coming anyway) and decided to come home. Yep a Bimmer Shrine in the garage is the project. Just add a few candles and maybe a Roundel and there you have it.

Guest84
01-30-2002, 01:33 PM
Rip, the pic of the cleaning products are starting to inspire me. It looks arranged alot like a shrine, hmmm, I think I will build mine this afternoon. Since the weather is so crappy (ice and snow) we cancelled all of our patients today, (most of them called and said they werent coming anyway) and decided to come home. Yep a Bimmer Shrine in the garage is the project. Just add a few candles and maybe a Roundel and there you have it.

ROTFLOL! Oh GAWD! Thks for my "laugh of the day"...hehe, you think I'm bad, In-d-haus buys that stuff by the 55 gallon drum! :D

ict330xi
01-30-2002, 02:26 PM
Well dang, haus can build a freaking monument or memorial then, I will have to settle for a mere shrine like yours, the war dept. (wife) will not give me anymore garage space. I found a old red velour cloth to put down first and copped some votive candles from the china cabinet. My head is already shaved, dang what will the neighbors think? On the way to Bavauto.com to check on a Roundel. Think that a framed picture of Bangle would be overdoing it? YEP! Maybe a nice ceramic bowl of Z6 to annoint with would be good? The creative juices are flowing.

ict330xi
01-30-2002, 02:33 PM
Hey, can you guys pull some strings for me and lobby clem to make me the Bimmerfest Official Chaplain? Actually I do have the credentials. In addition to my DDS degree, I also have a Master's Degree in Ministry. I don't think I'd ever get enuf posts to be a member anyway, so it would be nice to be ordained as the Bimmerfest Chaplain.
:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Guest84
01-30-2002, 06:36 PM
Hehe, Im sure Clem will crown you ...uhhh,. something. :)