PDA

View Full Version : Seat Question

Islander
03-31-2007, 02:35 AM
I am trying to figure out what the differences in seats are between the "regular seat" and the multi-contour seat. I like the looks of the one with the headrest pillow type thing as that looks to be more comfortable.
I do not really want the sport package though are these seats worth an extra 1200 dollars.

Also are you able to get the multi contour seats in leatherette.

If someone one could pics both of them for comparison that would be great

GolferEngineer
03-31-2007, 06:27 AM
The comfort seats, I believe are only available in leather. They have 20 positions and take some time (it took me two weeks) to get them adjusted right. After you get them adjusted make sure you save the settings. It is a little hard to explain all of the adjustments, try downloading a 5 series owner's manual. But the headrest is power controlled for up and down and the seatback is split and the top can be tilted forward and back. In addition the seat extension is adjustible. The lumbar support (though not part of the seat memory) can be adjusted in and out and up and down the seat back. I have had chronic back problems for over 30 years but trips in this car are very comfortable. I've got 20K + miles in one year and we've taken it on a few long trips including NJ to Florida and back.

Good luck and enjoy!:D

AzNMpower32
03-31-2007, 07:33 AM
I really like the multi-contour seats (I've tried them out various times) and think if you can get it, go for it. Sure, it'll take awhile to learn and tweak all 20 adjustments, but once you do, you'll love them. While you're at it, just go ahead and get the Sport package.

No, you cannot order comfort seats in leatherette. And that headrest is adjusted electronically, but the "pillow-like" things you talk about you can manually adjust. This is part of a safety feature actually, called an Active Head Restraint where it prevents whiplash.

krash
03-31-2007, 07:48 AM
20 adjustments????
:dunno:
I'm sure they are really comfortable, no doubt, but it sounds like overkill to me.

schnell525
03-31-2007, 08:46 AM
Islander,

The standard seats are quite comfortable, but their backrests don't adjust or articulate forward. I think that would make them all the more better. If I did it again, I'd order the comfort seat package.

mdkappy
04-03-2007, 08:31 PM
I got the Sports Package just for the seats. They are definitely the best seats I have ever had in a car. When I'm stressed out at work, I get in my car for a ride to lunch or home, and I'm totally relaxed. The back, lumbar and thigh adjustments are terrific. Also, the adjustments are matched to each key, so that if you have more than one driver, the settings follow the key. I would definitely order the 20 way adjustable seats or just get the sports package. In the 530xi, you get the blackout trim, too for a nice mono color look.

EricG
04-04-2007, 07:47 AM
The seats are well worth the 1200. I have them with heat and it's a bit dangerous. They are so comfortable that I tend to dose off on longer trips.:snooze: .....:yikes: