PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions About Colours

Loomba
03-31-2007, 10:13 AM
I posted the following in the pinned thread with the 2008 Brochure that Jon started. I thought I would start a new thread to ensure some responses/dialogue (so apologies for the repitition).

With respect to the US brochure Jon (the dealer up here in Calgary didn't have any when I popped in a few weeks ago). Is the 535 shown on the first few pages of the brochure Monaco Blue? It looks like it. My current car is black and I know I want something different this time, but still want a classy looking colour and I think MoB is the one. It can look blackish in poorer lighting but on a sunny day, pretty sweet...

Anyone have a sense of what the Deep Sea Blue will look like? I have searched all over the web and can't see it anywhere (other than on the US site's configurator and it's hard to get a good feel for the colour there). I think DSB is replacing Mystic Blue, so I suspect it is similar. Mystic Blue is nice but may be a bit too light for my liking.

Also, I am fairly sure I will go with Cream Beige or Natural Brown for the interior. In terms of trim, I was leaning towards the Light Poplar (especially if I go with Cream Beige). However, the Bamboo Wood shown on page 6 looks intriguing. Can anyone comment on the colour of the lighter grains/lines that I see in the Bamboo Wood? What colour are these lighter grains (tannish/brownish/greyish/whitish ???). From the photo on page 6, these lighter grains/lines help the interior make a nice, stylish transition from the black dash colours to the beige interior shown.

Also, is the interior shown on page 6 of the Brochure the Beige or Cream Beige? Looks nice to me.

Thanks in advance for all responses and looking forward to chit chatting with the more initiated...

sundstrom
03-31-2007, 10:45 AM
i believe that pics of the 335 convertible that have been seen at dealers are in the new deep sea blue (which indeed replaced mystic blue). my vote is for monaco.

Mac Daddy
03-31-2007, 11:31 AM
I am pretty sure that the Touring in these photos (http://www.topspeed.com/cars/bmw/bmw-5-series-ar18830/pictures.html) is Deep Sea Blue.

And I agree that the 535 in the Brochure is Monaco Blue.

5seriesdriver
03-31-2007, 04:24 PM
What was BMW thinking not offering Monaco Blue in the MY08 550 sport?

Loomba
03-31-2007, 05:43 PM
I too just noticed that Monaco Blue is not available in the 550 or the M Sport Package for the 535. That's a bummer as I was considering the M Sport Package to get the Aerodynamics look that would really stand out. Maybe BMW just saved about $10,000 (the cost of the M Sport Package plus the cost of an extra set of wheels and winter tires, as the performance tires that come with the M Sport Package wouldn't work in winter weather.

Sigh...

In fact, only TiAg, Carbon Black, Space Grey, Platinum Grey, Deep Sea Blue, Alpine White and Jet Black can come with the MSport Package. Still quite a few choices but not the colour I wanted.

And thanks for posting the link to the Deep Sea Blue. It also looks a bit like Interlagos Blue that is available with the M5. If it were a bit darker/deeper, I'd go with it.

Loomba
03-31-2007, 05:44 PM
What was BMW thinking not offering Monaco Blue in the MY08 550 sport?

I wonder if one could get it as a special order / BMW Individual order??? If so, any idea how much extra $$$ that would cost?

Stopped by BMW Calgary this afternoon (just happened to be in the neighborhood and couldn't resist...). A cloudy, cool day and there happened to be a new MoB 335i parked beside a Black 335i (can't recall if it was Black Sapphire etc.). Even on a cloudy day, the MoB looked nice and you could easily tell it wasn't black, especially beside a black Bimmer. Another MoB 335i parked off to the side looked bluish to me.

With the Cream Beige, I think you would have a winning combo. If only the M Sport Package could be included!

Loomba
04-01-2007, 12:27 PM
[editted to delete a couple of paragraphs -- I was incorrect about there being a difference between Cream Beige and Beige in terms of whether door panels and floor carpet was linked to these two colours differently. The Product Guide my dealer gave me indicates that Cream Beige and Beige are the same in that the door panels and carpets come in the colour chosen (not black as I had thought was the case for Cream Beige).]

After looking at the page 6 photo and some pictures in some BMW brochures I have (not for the 2008 5er, however), I will go out on a limb and say that I think the interior shown is Cream Beige.

If correct, this helps with my remaining question about the Bamboo Wood trim. The lighter grains, whatever colour they appear to be in real life, look pretty good along side the Cream Beige interior and the Black upper trim on the instrument panel.

The one thing I might consider is to change the Cream Beige carpets to Black -- our Canadian winters are a bit messy at times and I think Black will not get as dirty. Plus the Cream Beige leather would really standout against Black carpets, much like the Lemon yellow interiors on the 3-series do.

Back to the Configurator...