PDA

View Full Version : Black Interior and Bamboo Wood

jschulman
03-31-2007, 02:34 PM
It looks like I am going to go with the black Nasca leather, and anthracite headliner. After seeing a picture of platinum grey in the brochure, I am just about sold on it (need to see it person to be sure, but it looks really good). The wood shown with the black interior is the light poplar wood. The dark bamboo is almost black. What are people's thoughts on the black interior, anthracite headliner, and the dark bamboo wood? That combination might be too dark, and with little contrast, might not notice the wood. Another option might be the dark poplar wood.

krash
03-31-2007, 03:51 PM
It looks like I am going to go with the black Nasca leather, and anthracite headliner. After seeing a picture of platinum grey in the brochure, I am just about sold on it (need to see it person to be sure, but it looks really good). The wood shown with the black interior is the light poplar wood. The dark bamboo is almost black. What are people's thoughts on the black interior, anthracite headliner, and the dark bamboo wood? That combination might be too dark, and with little contrast, might not notice the wood. Another option might be the dark poplar wood.

It will look great. But everyone is going to have a different opinion. I like titanium silver, black interior, anthracite headliner, and the light poplar wood for a little more contrast.

jschulman
03-31-2007, 03:55 PM
It will look great. But everyone is going to have a different opinion. I like titanium silver, black interior, anthracite headliner, and the light poplar wood for a little more contrast.

True. Now I am back to considering platinum bronze, but with a black interior/anthracite headliner, and some color wood. I am thinking the contrast will be better with either the dark polar or light poplar. I will be deciding this until the end of May/beginning of June when my car goes into production.

AzNMpower32
03-31-2007, 05:06 PM
I like your original interior combo. Don't worry, the Bamboo wood will get noticed; several people here have the black wood trim and black interior and I think it looks great. I'm really not a fan of the brown wood trims, either light or dark.

fp60
04-01-2007, 04:35 AM
Jet Black / Black Nasca Leather Ventilated Seats /Anthracite Headliner / Bamboo Wood Trim / Cold Weather Package / Sports Package M-Aero Kit with 19" Double Spoke Style 172 M-Wheels / STEPTRONIC / Comfort Access / Power Rear Sunshade with Rear Door Shades / Navigation System / Satellite Radio / Premium Sound System / iPod Adaptor / M-Aero Decklid Spoiler /

Order Date: 03.31.2007
Production Date: 2007.04.14th Week
Estimated Delievery Date: 05.31.2007

:rofl: I can't wait!!!

bobr2001
04-01-2007, 06:24 AM
I have the silvergray with black leather, wood & headliner. I love it! Very sofisticated look.

Loomba
04-01-2007, 09:08 PM
Bamboo question: In the 2008 brochure that Jon posted, it looks very dark, but appears to have a light linear grain running through it that seems to tie in/compliment the beige/cream beige shown at page 6 of the brochure. What colour/shade is this lighter grain? Just wondering whether those who have seen it in person think it would go well with a Cream Beige interior -- I think it may make a nice transition from the Cream Beige to the black interior components.

thoughts? TIA.

stevepow
04-01-2007, 09:44 PM
The dark bamboo is almost black. What are people's thoughts on the black interior, anthracite headliner, and the dark bamboo wood?

:yumyum:

:D

Mac Daddy
04-02-2007, 05:23 AM
I am getting the black Nasca and anthracite headliner as well, and plan on getting the dark poplar trim. I just like the look of traditional wood. I think I am in the minority here -- most get the bamboo/anthracite trim it seems (and love it). I wouldn't hesitate.

Loomba
04-02-2007, 05:28 PM
Bamboo question: In the 2008 brochure that Jon posted, it looks very dark, but appears to have a light linear grain running through it that seems to tie in/compliment the beige/cream beige shown at page 6 of the brochure. What colour/shade is this lighter grain? Just wondering whether those who have seen it in person think it would go well with a Cream Beige interior -- I think it may make a nice transition from the Cream Beige to the black interior components.

thoughts? TIA.

Well, I think it is official... I opened up the BMW UK configurator after work today at home and created six zoomed in windows of the 5 Series interior -- three with Beige (Black, Bamboo, Poplar Wood trims) and three with Cream Beige (Black, Bamboo, Poplar Wood trims). I called the wife into the den and quickly flipped through the various windows for her. It took a few looks before she picked the Cream Beige over the Beige, but once she did she immediately zeroed in on the Bamboo Wood over the Black and Poplar Wood trims.

So it would appear Monaco Blue with Cream Beige and Bamboo Wood is the one!

fp60
04-02-2007, 05:33 PM
Before I ordered the car last Saturday, I had the dealer show me a black leather, black headliner and bamboo X5. It looks great. The bamboo number on the X5 is different than the 5. I believe the 5 will have a darker finish on the bamboo than the X5 which has a brown/black finish.

I will find out what it looks like in the middle of may!

ChrisDressler
04-12-2007, 04:11 PM
I just ordered a 2008 528xi--still waiting for a production date. I ordered black leather interior with the anthracite bamboo. He showed me the same combo on an M6 they had on the floor and it looks fantastic--can't wait! :rofl: :rofl:

fp60
04-12-2007, 06:20 PM
Chris... I'm taking your word on it!!!
I ordered the same combo!
:eeps:

gweiden
04-13-2007, 08:26 AM
I ordered 535xi in the Jet Black, Natural Brown leather, Bamboo Trim, Anthracite Headliner, Logic 7, Sports Package, Cold Weather, Nav, Comfort Access, Sat, iPod, Premium Package, Night Vision, Active Cruise, etc., for a nice contrast.

jschulman
04-13-2007, 08:12 PM
I just ordered a 2008 528xi--still waiting for a production date. I ordered black leather interior with the anthracite bamboo. He showed me the same combo on an M6 they had on the floor and it looks fantastic--can't wait! :rofl: :rofl:

When should your car be in? I have until the first or second week of May to make changes to my car, and I haven't seen that combination yet. If it looks really good, I may stick with it (right now, I plan to switch to dark poplar interior).