PDA

View Full Version : Built-in radar detector!?

dirty Sanchez
04-01-2007, 03:44 AM
Anyone else have their park distance control beep when radar freaquencies hit the sensors!?

stream
04-01-2007, 09:27 AM
Not here. But my V1 does! ;)

Ugly Bear
04-01-2007, 09:54 AM
Anyone else have their park distance control beep when radar freaquencies hit the sensors!?

They do? I thought PDC was ultrasonic (ie kiloherz frequencies), not radar frequencies (gigaherz frequencies).

Wildcat545
04-03-2007, 04:59 PM
Yeah, my V1 flips out whenever I start to back up. What's weird is that, on some occasions, it continues to beep almost constantly WELL AFTER the PDC has gone off. I think I have a ghost in the back seat!

simplemind
04-04-2007, 07:34 AM
My Passport 8500 never has sounded off with PDC. Minimizing false positives is one of the reasons I went w/ Passport, but let's not open that discussion, ok?!

Wildcat545
04-04-2007, 01:23 PM
My Passport 8500 never has sounded off with PDC. Minimizing false positives is one of the reasons I went w/ Passport, but let's not open that discussion, ok?!

After I posed this message I realized how much this bugged me, so I thought a bit more about where it happens. I realized that it only occurs when I'm pulling out of my parking garage at work (and the PDC turns on automatically each time), so last night I paid close attention as I pulled out onto the street.

BINGO! Hidden behind the bushes on the other side of my building (but with easy access to the street) was a local uniformed gentleman. I never bothered to look because I'm never up to highway speed at that point on the road (I'm just pulling out of the office building).

Sorry, BMW and V1, for wrongly placing the blame! :angel: