PDA

View Full Version : How a turbo behaves on 98 m3

MentalM398
04-14-2007, 04:09 PM
98 M3 owner thinkin of going turbocharged .............. what are plus and minuses and how my car will behave. what is the way 2 go and common mistakes done by people tring before me.

Chief915
04-18-2007, 11:09 AM
I installed the Dinan supercharger in my 96 328I. It was easy for me because Dinan is located here in CA. It was a bolt on app that took me 1 day, and that was taking my time and ensuring that everything was just right!
Within a month I had replaced the auto trans with a 6speed. Sweet!

The engine had 140k on it when I did the install, just passed 160K and performance is fantastic. No dyno results yet, but what I like about the dinan is the reliability is built into their products. So I run mine hard with confidence. Tires break loose in third and that is with a LSD.
Starting at 3500rpm power is on demand. If you have any specific questions let me know.
Dinan 3, supercharged, HFTB, FFE, Stage 1 Suspension, Strut Brace, ZF six speed trans, E46 M3 flywheel, clutch, PP. M3 LSD. SWEET

BIMMERUSAM5
06-08-2007, 08:59 AM
98 M3 owner thinkin of going turbocharged .............. what are plus and minuses and how my car will behave. what is the way 2 go and common mistakes done by people tring before me.

It all depends on how much power you want. The more power, more things will brake. The good thing about a e36 M3 is that there are alot of options to choose from. You can go from 300hp to 1000+hp, it all depends on what you feel comfortable with.

///M3Tifosi
06-22-2007, 08:11 AM

u have lots of options. it really all comes down to how much moeny r u willing to invest, rather spend on ur car. these engines handle boost extremely well. like someone mentioned above how much power u want is also something to take into consideration. not to mention what do u use the car for, ie track, DD, or weekend. for the most power thats upgradable a turbo system is the best bet. our transmisions can handle alot of power, to only weak spots on our cars r the front diff bolt, which AA makes a brace aswell as Mike Rawdoski(sp?), and the clutch. ur gonna want to take a ride in some FIed cars to finally make a choice. lots of people get a supercharger bc its the cheapest way to get into FI later to switch to turbo setup. it might cost u more up front but it will be cheaper in the end.

also not sure if ur a member at bimmerforums but they have a great FI section.

dave

mrsweden
07-31-2007, 04:54 AM
Plus is that the manual 6 speed is a ZF gearbox Minus It comes with VANOS

Mags Of Sweden