PDA

View Full Version : Anybody herd of Split Second's Turbo Tuner?

googoomas
04-17-2007, 05:29 PM
They're advertising 40bhp and 50lbs/ft increases with the instalation of their chip on the 335i. Has anybody herd of them or had any experience? Thanks for the help.

www.splitsec.com

Vertigo
04-18-2007, 01:24 AM
I've not used it on a 335 but I've installed one on a VW 1.8T. Made it quite a bit quicker.

googoomas
04-19-2007, 02:30 PM
thanks for the help

Eurobahn
04-28-2007, 10:18 PM
They're advertising 40bhp and 50lbs/ft increases with the instalation of their chip on the 335i. Has anybody herd of them or had any experience? Thanks for the help.

www.splitsec.com

If you are going to Bimmerfest we will have several Turbo Tuners at the show for sale at a discounted price and we are also giving no tax at the show for Bimmerfest attendees!

As far as power goes, we were recently reviewed by European Car Magazine and at that Dyno day we pulled 55HP and 55 Torque :)

Jeff
Eurobahn

Terry @ BMS
07-12-2007, 10:39 PM

www.splitsec.com

I used to have one on my 335 and liked it.

rtcomm
07-14-2007, 06:21 AM
i have been debating the turbo tuner, mainly due to its ease of installation and removal. just worried about warranty issues. the claims are it is not tracable when removed, but, with all the monitors the 335i has how could a dealer not know there was something done? this is my only holdback on ordering one. does anyone have any experience with removing a TT, bringing thier car to a dealer and have no questions asked?

Terry @ BMS
07-15-2007, 03:39 PM
i have been debating the turbo tuner, mainly due to its ease of installation and removal. just worried about warranty issues. the claims are it is not tracable when removed, but, with all the monitors the 335i has how could a dealer not know there was something done? this is my only holdback on ordering one. does anyone have any experience with removing a TT, bringing thier car to a dealer and have no questions asked?

It is very hard to trace these modifications, just be sure to drive around for awhile after removing before you go in to reset your ECU learns.

rtcomm
07-15-2007, 06:01 PM
does the ecu reset by itself? or does something else need to be done?

Terry @ BMS
07-15-2007, 09:15 PM
does the ecu reset by itself? or does something else need to be done?

Yes just drive around and floor it a few times and it will adjust itself.

Jon@TheMshop
07-16-2007, 12:23 AM
I've sold a bit over 20 Turbo Tuners from Eurobahn and most of my customers are the non gear head types that don't know much about cars or how to do any electrical wiring work. I got reports back from them saying that the Turbo Tuner is very easy to install and worth it.

Eurobahn
10-20-2007, 06:47 PM
I've sold a bit over 20 Turbo Tuners from Eurobahn and most of my customers are the non gear head types that don't know much about cars or how to do any electrical wiring work. I got reports back from them saying that the Turbo Tuner is very easy to install and worth it.

Hi Jon,

I think you are over 50 TT's now buddy! Man what a year this has been huh!!! :rofl:

Jeff
Eurobahn

540Greg
10-28-2007, 01:30 PM
Mark from Split Second let me drive they're test car. I was very impressed with how smooth and strong it pulled. They are a great company that I recommend. I have one of their fuel timing controllers on my e34 M5. I've been trying for years to control detonation. After one day at Split Second the problem is gone.

Greg

Eurobahn
10-29-2007, 05:21 PM
The Split Second team and the Eurobahn team are all up here in LAs Vegas at the SEMA show! We are having a blast!

Jeff
Eurobahn

spoolin spec v
11-03-2007, 12:59 AM
The Split Second team and the Eurobahn team are all up here in LAs Vegas at the SEMA show! We are having a blast!

Jeff
Eurobahn

I couldnt make it this year....I keep getting phone calls about how bad ass it is this year!

makes me jealous lol.

Eurobahn
11-03-2007, 12:37 PM
I couldnt make it this year....I keep getting phone calls about how bad ass it is this year!

makes me jealous lol.

I will admit that this year was by far the best of the last 7 that I have been showing at!!

Incredible products and even better we won a best new product award for the Turbo tuner!

Jeff
Eurobahn

spoolin spec v
11-04-2007, 12:02 AM
I will admit that this year was by far the best of the last 7 that I have been showing at!!

Incredible products and even better we won a best new product award for the Turbo tuner!

Jeff
Eurobahn

dang, congrats on that!

Do you guys ever Get a booth for PRI in Orlando?

Eurobahn
11-05-2007, 11:30 AM
dang, congrats on that!

Do you guys ever Get a booth for PRI in Orlando?

Thanks, we are very excited by the reception of the TT by the press but more importantly by BMW dealers and executives!

I have visited PRI a couple of times but we have not had a booth there. Given the success of our new plug and play units we may just have to take another look at that show. :)

Jeff
Eurobahn :thumbup:

spoolin spec v
11-06-2007, 11:50 PM
Thanks, we are very excited by the reception of the TT by the press but more importantly by BMW dealers and executives!

I have visited PRI a couple of times but we have not had a booth there. Given the success of our new plug and play units we may just have to take another look at that show. :)

Jeff
Eurobahn :thumbup:

Well if you are there, ill see ya there. ill be there with the procharger guys! :thumbup:

SPin1200
11-24-2007, 05:21 PM
I am looking into the split-sec tuner for my bros 07335i. I talked to a guy a HPautosport in cali , he told me he didnt like it because on "their" testing it was throwing codes? I think he wanted to just sell me what he had juice box idk? has anyone heard anything about this? Im a M3guy and a noob to this modern 335, thanks.:dunno:

Eurobahn
11-25-2007, 06:50 PM
I am looking into the split-sec tuner for my bros 07335i. I talked to a guy a HPautosport in cali , he told me he didnt like it because on "their" testing it was throwing codes? I think he wanted to just sell me what he had juice box idk? has anyone heard anything about this? Im a M3guy and a noob to this modern 335, thanks.:dunno:

Are you sure it was not HPautowerks? I am laughing over here since they contacted us a couple of times about selling our product. They purchased one from our dealer The M Shop and according to email I am reading now "Thank you for getting back to me. We bought the TT unit from The M Shop for testing purposes. With all the testing been done, we put it up for sale as a used unit. It looks like there is big market for the TT. What is my price?"

Very funny! The Turbo Tuner is the only plug and play performance tuner for the 335. And it is is also the only one that some BMW dealers are willing to sell due to it's simple and safe design :)

To get one for your bro with a full 1 week money back guarantee if not satisfied just go to www.theturbotuner.com and fax in the order form. We ship smae day we get the order and shipping is free for the holidays!

Jeff
Eurobahn

Ethirtysicks
11-25-2007, 09:28 PM
just a FYI... as far as install causing warranty issues. we(bmw techs at the dealers) really dont make a big deal about mods unless it's actually causing the problem your complaining about.

Brisk
11-26-2007, 02:43 PM
for what its worth, the HP autowerks car was running downpipes, full exhaust, FMIC, intake, in which the SSTT isnt tuned for. that was the reason for the codes they got.

any tune out there as i can see right now is throwing codes with DP and FMIC and or intake. unless u get a custom tune on a dyno or so on.

SSTT is a great product, and i am enjoying mine for a while now.
very easy to install, its been tested in magazines and has just won the SEMA award for besty engineered product.
bmw parts department selling them is saying something aswell

Terry @ BMS
11-30-2007, 05:04 PM
HP Auto also carries/installs the JB. For more info on it check out www.bmwjuice.com, and here is some new dyno numbers with exhaust:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98706

Eurobahn
11-30-2007, 06:58 PM
HP Auto also carries/installs the JB. ]

I believe that is what SPin1200 said in the above post.

The name of this Thread was "Anybody heard of Split Second's Turbo Tuner?"

Jeff
Eurobahn

Terry @ BMS
11-30-2007, 07:42 PM
I believe that is what SPin1200 said in the above post.

The name of this Thread was "Anybody heard of Split Second's Turbo Tuner?"

Jeff
Eurobahn

Sorry, disregard my message. I thought it was a JB thread.

White05X3
12-13-2007, 02:18 PM
for what its worth, the HP autowerks car was running downpipes, full exhaust, FMIC, intake, in which the SSTT isnt tuned for. that was the reason for the codes they got.

any tune out there as i can see right now is throwing codes with DP and FMIC and or intake. unless u get a custom tune on a dyno or so on.

SSTT is a great product, and i am enjoying mine for a while now.
very easy to install, its been tested in magazines and has just won the SEMA award for besty engineered product.
bmw parts department selling them is saying something aswell

Also for what it's worth he is also a GIAC dealer.