PDA

View Full Version : 07 X3 ipod adapter ?

whitem3/4
04-17-2007, 06:49 PM
I looked at a friends 06 X3 who had a cool iPod adapter this weekend. Problem is he doesnt remember what brand it is as he's had it about 1 year. It is hooked up in his center console arm rest and plays like all the others do through the 6 playlist/cd on the OEM radio w/ charging and controlable from the steering wheel. He explained the install procedure and it didnt involve cutting any wires or running wires from the trunk to the arm rest. He says it plugged into some relay under the arm rest.

I want to buy the one he has because right in the arm rest is way more convenient than putting it in the trunk. Just bought an iPod nano to put in it too.

I tried searching for over 1 hr on this forum and other sites w/o a definite answer. Anyone know which adapter this is?

Thanks in advance.

Interieor shot of our X3 & arm rest that I am talking about
http://www.kcbmwclub.com/gallery/d/11586-2/200703314.jpg

el_duderino
04-17-2007, 07:32 PM
Uh, I've put DICE units in the armrest... you/he have DSP?

Otherwise, you've provided no differenatiating info.

whitem3/4
04-18-2007, 12:31 PM
No DSP in mine & I am not sure about his.

Thanks
Chuck

tom @ eas
04-18-2007, 04:20 PM
No need for the DSP adapter in 2006+ X3/Z4. All 2006+ are also SA693-prep so the wiring is either in the cargo area for Sirius or underneath the center console bucket for the CD Changer.

For the DICE, we'll use the CD Changer connections underneath the center console bucket since this eliminates cable routing. This is the kit you need:

DICE iPod Integration Kit for BMW
http://www.europeanautosource.com/product_info.php?products_id=268

The DICE iPod Kit will integrates perfectly with your X3 and offer steering wheel control as well as ID3 text and charging of your iPod. Full CD Quality can be expected after installation.

The kit will come with everything needed w/ the docking cable. The iPod can be safely stored away in the center console for 100***37; stealth installation and accessed completely from the steering wheel controls.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

whitem3/4
04-19-2007, 08:07 AM
Thanks! I just ordered it off your site.

tom @ eas
04-19-2007, 08:55 AM
Thanks! I just ordered it off your site.

Thanks for your business, we're shipping this afternoon. :)