PDA

View Full Version : put supercharger on car now pores oil out bottom?

blacktop
04-20-2007, 06:12 AM
I just installed a dinan supercharger .started carleaked gas from injector and oil out bottom of car.I replaced o ring no more fuel leaks.I replaced oil feed line still leaks some where.I replaced vanos high pressure line still leaks .I took everything apart removed oil filter housing.I looked at oil filter housing i ddint see any cracks i did notice where bolt started to hit housing but just left mark didnt go through.I put a new gasket between housing put car back together still leaks i thought maybe dipstick but its coming from higher and its allot of oil.I drove car to see what supercharger is like doesnt seem that fast and when i shift to second it bogs a little than goes.I dont know if i have all the parts for vacuums right not sure if that would effect boost that much .the worst part is oil leak i was going to bimmer fest but now my car isnt safe to drive.what should i do next iam not sure if i need a new oil filter housing but i really didnt see damage to it.could i have cracked block that fast?I brought it to a shop to align the ews he was reving the car alot i dont know why?

Chief915
04-21-2007, 09:13 AM
That sucks! Was the supercharger new or did you get it second hand?
I installed mine and did not have any of the problems that your having.

You have to find the location of the oil leak to determine he problem. You could put some dye in the oil to help (locate the leak). But the engine compartment should be really clean. Did you get the software download?

I have 160k on my car with the supercharger and drive it like its meant to be driven, runs like new!

JohnnyA
05-05-2007, 07:08 PM
I have the same issue after installing the new cams, looks like it is coming from the timing chain tensioner.

I will be replacing it in the following days

ForcedFirebird
05-06-2007, 06:26 AM
I just installed a dinan supercharger .started carleaked gas from injector and oil out bottom of car.I replaced o ring no more fuel leaks.I replaced oil feed line still leaks some where.I replaced vanos high pressure line still leaks .I took everything apart removed oil filter housing.I looked at oil filter housing i ddint see any cracks i did notice where bolt started to hit housing but just left mark didnt go through.I put a new gasket between housing put car back together still leaks i thought maybe dipstick but its coming from higher and its allot of oil.I drove car to see what supercharger is like doesnt seem that fast and when i shift to second it bogs a little than goes.I dont know if i have all the parts for vacuums right not sure if that would effect boost that much .the worst part is oil leak i was going to bimmer fest but now my car isnt safe to drive.what should i do next iam not sure if i need a new oil filter housing but i really didnt see damage to it.could i have cracked block that fast?I brought it to a shop to align the ews he was reving the car alot i dont know why?
Are you possably getting excessive crankcase pressure? What did you do about the PCV, under boost you need a "one way" PCV or an oil catch can.

Ericthenorse
05-06-2007, 07:21 PM
What do you mean by "one way" All PCV valves are one way..... that is what the P stands for.... Positive...

ForcedFirebird
05-07-2007, 04:44 AM
What do you mean by "one way" All PCV valves are one way..... that is what the P stands for.... Positive...
You are right in a way. The system is designed to work with vacuum in the manifold.

What happens when you add pressure to the manifold? Blow by. The "one way" becomes the "wrong way" and pressurizes the crankcase.

Lots of guys have these kind of problems when boosting a N/A motor. Main seals start dripping, valve covers start leaking, engine smoking, etc, etc. The simple solution is an oil catch can.

I fabricated my own turbo system and am currently getting 275hp to the wheels with a 3.1L motor, and that's with a streetable 6psi, but I guess I could be wrong.

BeRzErKaS
05-08-2007, 11:10 AM
Yah, but he has a Dinan kit, not a turbo.

If his crankcase is being pressurized then he has his plumbing ass backwards. Dinan (and most other kits) re-routes the PCV line from the manifold to a connection point on the intake side of the blower. This way the system remains closed and ALWAYS under vacuum. As the blower spins it draws cold air through the intake filter and simultaneously vacates vapor from the crankcase.

No need to change PCV valves.

ForcedFirebird
05-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Yah, but he has a Dinan kit, not a turbo.

If his crankcase is being pressurized then he has his plumbing ass backwards. Dinan (and most other kits) re-routes the PCV line from the manifold to a connection point on the intake side of the blower. This way the system remains closed and ALWAYS under vacuum. As the blower spins it draws cold air through the intake filter and simultaneously vacates vapor from the crankcase.

No need to change PCV valves.
Is it centrifical or roots, blow/draw through? I guess I need to look up the kit, hehe.

Chimera
07-03-2007, 07:30 PM
:thumbup: