PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer TSC720PRS

chiror0b
04-27-2007, 10:35 PM
I hear the new Pioneer Premier TSC720PRS 6.5" set has absolutely phenomenal sound, and would like to try a set in my E39.

Does anyone know if these will fit?

Has anyone here installed a set?

Ken@BSW
04-27-2007, 10:54 PM
I hear the new Pioneer Premier TSC720PRS 6.5" set has absolutely phenomenal sound, and would like to try a set in my E39.

Does anyone know if these will fit?

Has anyone here installed a set?

In order to fit 6.5's, you would need to modify the factory 5.25" housings, or build new baffles to replace the OEM midbass housings.

I've read fantastic reviews of these speakers, and have been in my top picks list, along with Alpine Type X, and Rainbow SLC 265.

What amplifier are you going to be running? I would highly suggest not running any of these sets with the factory amplifier.

chiror0b
04-27-2007, 11:07 PM
I have a ED 9.4 currently, and some old school PG 2220 and 2240 somewhere, just can't locate them at the moment.

I have a pair of ED SQ10 subs, but the sound isn't quite what I'm looking for, so I'll be selling those and looking for a single 12" solution.

Making a new baffle is no big deal, I expected that part. I remember reading (somewhere) there is a max mounting depth even after creating a new baffle, and it isn't exactly deep - something around 2.5" IIRC.

el_duderino
04-29-2007, 11:17 AM
I'm trying to wrap my mind around "phenomenal sound" and "Pioneer speakers".

Ken, your "top picks" list is self-serving, isn't it? No Morel Supremo? No Dyne Esotar? No Type X Pro, since it isn't shipping yet?

Ken@BSW
04-29-2007, 01:35 PM
I'm trying to wrap my mind around "phenomenal sound" and "Pioneer speakers".

Ken, your "top picks" list is self-serving, isn't it? No Morel Supremo? No Dyne Esotar? No Type X Pro, since it isn't shipping yet?

Ken, your right. Those are my personal top picks at the <$350 retail level, and I also want to throw the Kicker SS series kit in there as well. I've heard fantastic things about those..

Let me re-phrase. For the price point, you get a fantastic mid, a good tweet, and an average xover that utilizes good parts. If you wanted to run active, in that price range, it is definitely a set to consider. Personally - I'm going with Rainbow SLC 265's for my next build here soon until I can afford to upgrade.

To the OP: What is your budget? Depending on what you want to spend, we very well may be bale to help you choose a better setup.

chiror0b
04-30-2007, 06:22 PM
My budget is "el cheapskateo". I have done the whole monster audio buildup in the past, and now I'm old enough to realize it was money down the drain. I just need good sound for cheap... real cheap. $300 or so is about it for me on the separates.

To the el_dude, I thought the same thing... "Pioneer????" but the reviews on these are fairly good.
An example:
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7302&highlight=720prs

I think I might have to order a set and just give it a shot.

chiror0b
04-30-2007, 07:20 PM
I found it 2 5/8" mounting depth, what is the absolute max for a E39?