PDA

View Full Version : equalizers...

pdz42o
04-30-2007, 01:23 PM
looking to put in an eq for my system. currently running:

2 12" solobaric L5
2 Hifonics 1200 watt amps (for subs)
1 Hifonics 1200 watt amps (for components)
2 crossovers (forget the brand)
2 image dynamic 6" mid bass drivers
2 mb quartz premium tweeters

that's about it. do u guys have any recommendations for eq's? i want to place it in my dash (just below air conditioning dials where there's that slot). i drive a 2000 325i and any help is appreciated. thank you.

Paul Christian
05-14-2007, 02:42 PM
EQTs are nice but they are mono so you needtwo of the,they are from Audio Contro and their is more let me know if you what the manes of them ok.....l

RedButtedMonkey
05-15-2007, 02:55 PM
If you like the EQT but want more than 2 channels in, go with the EQS. I have one.

el_duderino
05-15-2007, 09:30 PM
You have a structural problem. You have MBQ tweeters and ID 6.5 midbass, and they won't meet each other in the middle. You can EQ till the cows come home and you'll still have this problem.

I dislike most EQs, I hate most indash EQs, and I purely hates Audio Control.

I usually discourage EQs until the system is right, and this is a good example. You might consider a midrange, probably paired with a better tweeter. Perhaps the Hertz 3" and 25mm tweeter? Or the HD500 dome mid and 20mm tweeter?

RedButtedMonkey
05-16-2007, 10:14 PM
Care to back up your hate for AudioControl? I've been using them since 1988 and have NEVER had an issue with their products.

el_duderino
05-16-2007, 11:44 PM
No, actually, I feel no need to justify anything, but since you asked so nicely... I've been using them since 1988 too, and their xovers are good, but their EQs are more than one kind of noisy and the LC6 was a joke. The LC6i is what the original LC6 was supposed to be... except with a lousy noise floor.

The digital stuff is a PITA to adjust, costs way too much relative to the market, is too big, and looks like a 50-year-old-white-guy's idea of "cool". And the control head is butt.

Sure, I like the manuals (actually, I like the humor in them - they really aren't that well written any longer). They will admit to you that they are only in 12V as long as it doesn't cost them much in tooling investment, and it's an afterthought to them any more.

I'd rather have a parametric than a graphic EQ.

Other than that, I have no opinions.

But sure, I liked the 2XS, back when Reagan was president.

RedButtedMonkey
05-17-2007, 07:50 AM
Thanks e.d. I appreciate you explaining your position. I was just curious.

I owned a 2XS as well - too funny.