PDA

View Full Version : '82 Stock Options

dictator
05-01-2007, 03:25 PM
I am trying to find the options that were available when my 82 320i was new. I am trying to restore it while keeping it as stock as possible. Currently I am looking for the original colors. Any Suggestions?

JSpira
05-11-2007, 06:57 PM
I am trying to find the options that were available when my 82 320i was new. I am trying to restore it while keeping it as stock as possible. Currently I am looking for the original colors. Any Suggestions?

Good idea. There were very few options. The biggest option was the Sport package which came with real Recaro seats :thumbup:

Do you mean the exterior paint colors? Well, I recall Polarissilber, Alpinweiß, Schwarz, and Bronzit. Probably a few others.

dictator
02-19-2008, 08:44 PM
I actually have the sport package and from what i have found, there were only three colors. Orange, Black, and i believe alpine white.

Rennsurfer
02-20-2008, 09:56 AM

NICE! When I got my '82, I was on the same mission... removed anything that wasn't correct/stock and returned it back to how it looked when it was new. It's not easy, but it's possible if you look around hard enough. I recently finally got rid of the late model oval shaped ergonomic shift knob (I'm guessing '87 & later) that the dealers have superseded to. I wanted the correct shape/round one. Problem was, no one had any with the shift pattern. They had the Roundel, which I didn't want. I ended up buying a round knob at a local German car parts shop and removed the Roundel logo.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/Sumdumsurfer/Cars/320ishiftknob022008.jpg

So, I ordered a shift knob emblem from the dealer. Even THAT got superseded to one with ///M racing colors on it. I took matters into my own and removed the colors. It's not perfect, but it looks a lot better than what was in there.

As for colors available for 1982, I think that the S upgrade (front airdam, Recaro seats, badge delete, etc.) came in black or Polaris Metallic (silver). Polaris was also an option on a standard 320i in this country. Which is what color my car is. Also, I've never seen an orange S in the U.S. Your S should also have upgraded wheels... I think they were silver 14" BBS if my memory serves correctly.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/Sumdumsurfer/Cars/320i21108-1.jpg

I don't know about your area... but here, in So Cal, it's very rare that I ever see any E21/320i cars on the road, any more. Very strange. I remember when they were everywhere just a few years back. All that I see are the E30/318i cars and the new ones.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/Sumdumsurfer/Cars/320i211083-1.jpg

Somewhere, on the 'Net, I found a site that listed all of the available colors for 1982. If I can find it again, I'll post it up here for you. Good luck and have fun with your car. In the meantime, I found this... but it's not exactly a complete list.

Click Here For Color Library (http://www.tcpglobal.com/autocolorlibrary/cgi-bin/search/search.pl)

dictator
03-31-2008, 07:38 PM
the car you pictured is not an iS

JSpira
03-31-2008, 07:42 PM
I actually have the sport package and from what i have found, there were only three colors. Orange, Black, and i believe alpine white.

The three colors available for the 320iS were

Polarissilber
Alpinweiß
Schwarz

JSpira
03-31-2008, 07:43 PM
the car you pictured is not an iS
He specifically says his car is not a 320iS but a 320i in his post.

dictator
11-03-2008, 05:09 PM
the BBS basketweave rims are 13"
i need new center console walls and center sections. the screw holes have been striped and the wood is deteriorating. i have an after market radio and a dealer installed a/c. i want to either scoot the console back to get it to fit again, but preferably i would like to return the radio to its proper horizontal where can i get that console/

JSpira
11-03-2008, 05:16 PM
the BBS basketweave rims are 13"
i need new center console walls and center sections. the screw holes have been striped and the wood is deteriorating. i have an after market radio and a dealer installed a/c. i want to either scoot the console back to get it to fit again, but preferably i would like to return the radio to its proper horizontal where can i get that console/
You need the console for a non-airconditioned car if you want it where it "belongs"!

dictator
11-03-2008, 05:19 PM
but where can i get that? i have found many of the a/c version

JSpira
11-03-2008, 05:31 PM
a dealership?

dictator
11-03-2008, 05:57 PM
but they are the spawn of satan. They wanted 30 bucks for an original steel key. i got the same key for 8. i ask them for prices to get a laugh.