PDA

View Full Version : Leather-free 3 Series

VEGANSAM
05-02-2007, 04:21 AM
Anyone know if the current sedan or cabriolet comes in a leather-free version (including steering wheel & shift-knob)? They did it with the previous model with the ZHP package in the Alcantara interior (which I love), but don't know about the 07s.

Thank you . . .

Halston@BSW
05-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Inquire about BMW Individual. You should be able to get Cloth seats if you prefer and can choose some like Dakar Yellow or Estoril Blue or Laguna Seca Blue ;)

A Dakar Yellow or Estoril Blue 335i Coupe with Black Cloth interior would be oh so sweet!

VEGANSAM
05-02-2007, 11:47 AM
Inquire about BMW Individual. You should be able to get Cloth seats if you prefer and can choose some like Dakar Yellow or Estoril Blue or Laguna Seca Blue ;)

A Dakar Yellow or Estoril Blue 335i Coupe with Black Cloth interior would be oh so sweet!

Thank you . . . They've NEVER been helpful before . . . Do I have to do it through a dealer or direct?

Reefminis
05-02-2007, 12:30 PM
I would enquire with your dealer, or better yet contact BMWUSA directly with your request. I know that Mercedes has come out with leather-free cars, but I've never heard that BMW has come out with their own program. You might have to order a car with leatherette or cloth and then swap out the shifter and steering wheel with non-leather parts.

As far as BMW Individual goes, in the USA it is far different than anywhere else. BMWUSA is only now intoducing Individual to the USA, and its VERY limited (only 7 series and only if you want special paint and a whole lot more leather). Over the years, some people have been able to get special colors and interiors on their BMWs, but its very few and far between.

Good luck with your quest!

VEGANSAM
05-02-2007, 12:48 PM
I would enquire with your dealer, or better yet contact BMWUSA directly with your request. I know that Mercedes has come out with leather-free cars, I know, but even THEY make the process Hell. but I've never heard that BMW has come out with their own program. You might have to order a car with leatherette or cloth and then swap out the shifter and steering wheel with non-leather parts. That would defeat the purpose of not having exploited the animal at all . . .

As far as BMW Individual goes, in the USA it is far different than anywhere else. BMWUSA is only now intoducing Individual to the USA, and its VERY limited (only 7 series No, the offer it on 3 as well according the site dedicated to it and only if you want special paint and a whole lot more leather That, I noticed . . .). Over the years, some people have been able to get special colors and interiors on their BMWs, but its very few and far between. Actually, based on MY experience, that has not been even close to true . . . at least on the Vegan issue . . . The dealers, & MBUSA have been nothing short of rude & disrespectful . . . If they didn't build a good car I'd avoid them completely . . .

Good luck with your quest! Thank you . . ..

Halston@BSW
05-03-2007, 08:54 AM
I would enquire with your dealer, or better yet contact BMWUSA directly with your request. I know that Mercedes has come out with leather-free cars, but I've never heard that BMW has come out with their own program. You might have to order a car with leatherette or cloth and then swap out the shifter and steering wheel with non-leather parts.

As far as BMW Individual goes, in the USA it is far different than anywhere else. BMWUSA is only now intoducing Individual to the USA, and its VERY limited (only 7 series and only if you want special paint and a whole lot more leather). Over the years, some people have been able to get special colors and interiors on their BMWs, but its very few and far between.

Good luck with your quest!

I would have to disagree with you. It seems to individual program is here but the dealers are either

1 - Unwilling to be helpful

2 - Do know even know what it is or how it works

3 - Cost them time/money to get it handled so they "can't do it"

In the US I have seen Factory Estoril e46 328 sedans. Dakar e46 M3s. There is a factory Estoril 540 MTech rolling around Atlanta. Maybe it is just Atlanta but definitely possible. Contact BMWNA and your local dealer(s). If one says no kindly tell them you will go elsewhere to get it purchased ;)