PDA

View Full Version : Finalized Order for 550i today

casper
05-02-2007, 04:55 PM
I finalized the order for my 2004 545i replacement, a 2008 550i sport.

The hardest part was deciding on the color, after looking for pictures in this forum and rationalizing which colors I like and are easy to maintain clean, I narrowed it down to space grey or white (I currently have titanium silver), I went to the dealer today to see a space gray in person, in the parking lot they had a carbon black 550i sport, after seeing it in person and I ordered carbon black with natural leather. Never had a chance to see a space gray.

I normally do not buy black cars because they are hard to keep clean, show swirls more than other colors, etc, but carbon black looks cool and is exclusive to 550 sport, so I went againts my better judgment and ordered it solely because it looks so damn good, so who cares if half the time will look dirty and it will show swirls, I took the plunge.

I will pick it up in Munich July 30
550i carbon black/natural brown/light poplar
sport package
navigation
sport automatic
comfort access
logic 7
sirius
usb/ipod interface

stevepow
05-02-2007, 05:30 PM
...half the time will look dirty...

And half the time it will look awesome - the other half the time it will look awesome, but in disguise :thumbup:

fp60
05-02-2007, 05:44 PM
Good choice...........
Mine is in transit across the Atlantic!!!!!!!:rofl: :rofl:

Swift
05-02-2007, 06:26 PM
What Stevepow said.

:)

lskari
05-04-2007, 01:38 AM
Congrats on the 550. I ordered the exact same car for ED on July 27! Can't wait!! My first BMW...

115sonic
05-04-2007, 10:31 PM
I finalized the order for my 2004 545i replacement, a 2008 550i sport.

The hardest part was deciding on the color, after looking for pictures in this forum and rationalizing which colors I like and are easy to maintain clean, I narrowed it down to space grey or white (I currently have titanium silver), I went to the dealer today to see a space gray in person, in the parking lot they had a carbon black 550i sport, after seeing it in person and I ordered carbon black with natural leather. Never had a chance to see a space gray.

I normally do not buy black cars because they are hard to keep clean, show swirls more than other colors, etc, but carbon black looks cool and is exclusive to 550 sport, so I went againts my better judgment and ordered it solely because it looks so damn good, so who cares if half the time will look dirty and it will show swirls, I took the plunge.

I will pick it up in Munich July 30
550i carbon black/natural brown/light poplar
sport package
navigation
sport automatic
comfort access
logic 7
sirius
usb/ipod interface

I feel sorry for you??? Huh??? Not making sense am I?

You will enjoy car. Heck, if you are married, make your wife wash car everyday. She will need something to do.