PDA

View Full Version : Ordering/Build Slot dealer q

ANZAC_1915
05-06-2007, 10:34 AM
So, my dealer has a build slot for some other 5 series (sedan or whatever).

He is waiting to be able to "turn it into" a 535xiT order for me in their order bank. Originally it was "maybe tomorrow" then "any day now" now "next week".

Is this normal? I figured with a sold order they'd just enter it and we'd be off to the races.

ChrisDressler
05-07-2007, 12:19 PM
I had a similar situation as you--when I ordered my 2008 528xi, they already had a build slot for a 528xi, so they just customized it the way I wanted it and I was done (it already had a production number). It could be maybe they don't have the model in their allocation yet (to configure it) that you want? Just guessing...

HPIA4v2
05-07-2007, 12:36 PM
Before ordering I ask the CA to fax me the list of allocated cars that are in status 111 (maybe early 112 since this one can still be re-configure). The list shows the production date as well. Good dealer will have no problem doing this.
I guess I never really trust my CA :)

ANZAC_1915
05-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Before ordering I ask the CA to fax me the list of allocated cars that are in status 111 (maybe early 112 since this one can still be re-configure). The list shows the production date as well. Good dealer will have no problem doing this.

I also read in other threads there is a difference between "order bank" and "allocated" cars. Is this true?

HPIA4v2
05-07-2007, 05:23 PM
I never heard of it so I can't comment on the difference between the two.

ANZAC_1915
05-07-2007, 09:11 PM

So dropped in today and it got a little clearer.

The order bank is sort of "get it sometime later" and that isn't what he's doing.

The production slot he had that can be converted to a xiT is for May production so of course they can't select platinum bronze (6/07) for it, apparently. So he just found a June production 111 status xiT priority 4 at a sister dealer (that they can swap and set up for our car, and of course it will go to Priority 1 as it will be a sold order).

So it looks like it will be ok. More tomorrow.

In other good news got a buyer for our old car.

ANZAC_1915
05-16-2007, 07:35 AM
We did finally get a slot (they traded with another dealer) and we have a production number, everything set, logged into Owner's Circle etc.

It should be one of the first platinum bronze 5 series to hit the US.

Life is good. :)

My08535i
05-16-2007, 10:23 AM
My car will be in the order bank til early July. No slots were avail at my dealer for the 535i.