PDA

View Full Version : Progman 25 and transmission

gohornedfrogs
05-07-2007, 05:56 AM
Just had Progman 25 updated (not sure exactly which version), and the transmission shifting patterns have changed. Before, when I went into a turn, the car seemed to gear down more and I felt "loaded" going into a turn, or even when coming to a stop light/sign.

Although it is smoother, the response time seems slower when accelerating out of a turn because it seems the car is in, say 3rd gear instead of 2nd as it was before.

Anybody else have this experience?

DBU
05-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Just had Progman 25 updated (not sure exactly which version), and the transmission shifting patterns have changed. Before, when I went into a turn, the car seemed to gear down more and I felt "loaded" going into a turn, or even when coming to a stop light/sign.

Although it is smoother, the response time seems slower when accelerating out of a turn because it seems the car is in, say 3rd gear instead of 2nd as it was before.

Anybody else have this experience?

My GUESS would be that your transmission software needs to "learn" how you drive all over again. Our transmissions actually have six modes; For each of the three modes you are familiar with, there are two sub-modes, "economical" and "sport." The E60 selects these two sub-modes automatically based on such things as your usual driving pattern and how quickly and how deep you press the accelerator down. I still remember the first two shifts my car made - horrible...

Spyder
05-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Bingo! +1.