PDA

View Full Version : bluetooth / phone book contacts limit?

giantswin22
05-07-2007, 08:35 PM
My 8703e blackberry synchs just fine with bluetooth, however, only some of my contacts are coming over. On close inspection, dealer said I have TOO MANY contacts! BMW only support 200, I have over 800. I can still dial other contacts off the phone, but only 200 port to the onboard system. Does that sound right? Any tweaks to get around this?

MN2828
05-09-2007, 09:41 PM
I have significantly more than 200 contacts on my blackberry 7100t and I haven't noticed any missing via bluetooth. That being said, I haven't really attempted to count.

jpattiso
05-10-2007, 07:03 AM
I put this post in the bluetooth thread last year, it may help

------------------

I just discovered something very interesting that I thought I would share with the group.

I just got a 2007 530xi (Audi convert... first BMW and I love it!)

My Verizon BB 7130e was working fine with the car, except my address book was only partially loading. I called BMW and they said the limit for the number of entries for the car was 1,500.

I know I was not even close to that, so I was a bit puzzled. Also, my BB had the current and support version of the software.

I looked at the contact in my BB that was directly after the last contact that the car loaded. Interestingly, it was a e-mail group distribution list I created on my BB (not in Outlook).

I renamed the list by putting a ZZ in front of it, so it would go to the end of my address book.

I then got back into the car and the change worked! All the addresses got loaded.

It looks like the BMW software go confused with a group distribution list and stopped.

I hope this helps others out there.

Thanks,

Jeff

giantswin22
05-13-2007, 06:50 AM
thanks i actually suspect it has something to do with the contacts I have that are all part of distribution lists. not sure how I can fix it if I put zz in front of it, it's going to mess up my distro lists in exchange when bb resynchs

raf996
09-09-2007, 11:25 PM
i have the same problem with my blackberry pearl have just over 1300 contacts. it seems to skip some letters R, S and T. now that i see your post i'll check what's the last name that shows.